2017-18 NCAA Basketball

UT-KU on tonight in Austin. We'll see how the 9-3 Horns look against the 10-2 Jayhawks.

Go Horns!!

Oh well, not sure that you are ever going to beat a team that makes 17 3pt shots at a 48% clip. Horns looked pretty good, though.

Probably only a Texas fan (or an OU or OSU fan) would notice that the announcers never note that while KU has 13 consecutive conference championships, four of of those are actually CO-championships.

UVa thumped the Tar Heels on Saturday w/ some inside muscle and offense (what's this?). Wish they had made more 3s at the end. But I'm quibbling.

WVU looked good against Trae Young and got 8 turnovers off of him. But, hey, he's good. BTW, Esa Ahmad (a double digit starter) will be returning to WVU next game, so they should have even more fire power and experience.

Look for me at the UVa/NC State (beats Duke!) game in Charlottesville Sunday night. I also plan on heading to Morgantown to see WVU next month. Live NCAA basketball is the best.

UVa thumped the Tar Heels on Saturday w/ some inside muscle and offense (what's this?). Wish they had made more 3s at the end. But I'm quibbling.

WVU looked good against Trae Young and got 8 turnovers off of him. But, hey, he's good. BTW, Esa Ahmad (a double digit starter) will be returning to WVU next game, so they should have even more fire power and experience.

Look for me at the UVa/NC State (beats Duke!) game in Charlottesville Sunday night. I also plan on heading to Morgantown to see WVU next month. Live NCAA basketball is the best.

NCAA b-ball is the best. Although my Tar Heels clearly are not a Top Ten team, I enjoy the ACC games and other conferences. ACC champion won't be Duke nor UNC this year. UVa, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and Notre Dame all look great. I look forward to seeing UVa defense contrast with FSU and Miami fast pace. Syracuse, FSU, Miami, and Duke all have great size, too.

Duke, MSU, and Xavier lost this week o_O

Roger

And another ONE gone
And another ONE gone

... and another ONE bites the dust ...

WVU squeaked past Baylor last night. They had a bit of a high-rank hangover and started slow. But they methodically ground down the bears for a home victory.

My UVa Cavaliers hinted at a late game meltdown against Syracuse, but snapped out of it and won. The 3s were falling for UVa last night.

NCAA b-ball is the best. Although my Tar Heels clearly are not a Top Ten team, I enjoy the ACC games and other conferences. ACC champion won't be Duke nor UNC this year. UVa, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and Notre Dame all look great. I look forward to seeing UVa defense contrast with FSU and Miami fast pace. Syracuse, FSU, Miami, and Duke all have great size, too.

Duke, MSU, and Xavier lost this week o_O

Roger

who did Duke lose to?

Took a buzzer beater for #5 Purdue to get by Michigan ... uneasy is the crown this year ...

PS - Duke went down to NC State. Shouldn't be all that surprising for those following them - they were totally embarrassed by Notre Dame last game and were looking for (and got) a strong rebound. Next up for the Wolfpack is Clemson - Tigers should be worried as this is their second meeting this year, and NC State is on a roll, and looking for payback for the loss earlier in the year.

Last edited:
who did Duke lose to?

Boston College and NCSU. Duke is currently 1-2 in ACC play.

Watched some of the UK vs Texas A&M last night. I try not to complain about refs, but the no-call at end was a game winner for UK. Of course, they were playing at home ;)

Roger

Last edited:
Texas takes on TCU tonight here in Austin. The have just announced this morning that Andrew Jones, Texas' leading scorer before a stress fracture in his arm in December, has been diagnosed with leukemia. He had come back and played some minutes in a couple of games, then was out again with an unspecified illness. This is really sad news for a young man with a bright future.

Boston College and NCSU. Duke is currently 1-2 in ACC play.

Watched some of the UK vs Texas A&M last night. I try not to complain about refs, but the no-call at end was a game winner for UK. Of course, they were playing at home ;)

Roger

Didn't NC State also beat Arizona?

Yup - and the Wildcats were ranked #2 back then. That was in the Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas - first round no less. Hence my comment about anyone following the Wolfpack shouldn't be surprised when they hang one on a "better" team ...

Texas takes on TCU tonight here in Austin. The have just announced this morning that Andrew Jones, Texas' leading scorer before a stress fracture in his arm in December, has been diagnosed with leukemia. He had come back and played some minutes in a couple of games, then was out again with an unspecified illness. This is really sad news for a young man with a bright future.

What a terrible thing for a young person to confront. Basketball is trivial compared to the battle he faces. My best to Andrew.

What a terrible thing for a young person to confront. Basketball is trivial compared to the battle he faces. My best to Andrew.
Definitely makes you remember what's important.
Great win, Longhorns:beerchug:
Yes, and they really need to take care of things at home - already went down to KU here.

Won despite also being down their junior defensive stopper, Kerwin Roach, with a broken hand. They have a long road but played well enough tonight. Two of the next three are #8 TT (Austin) and #2 WVU ( Morgantown).

Alan

Yup - and the Wildcats were ranked #2 back then. That was in the Battle for Atlantis in the Bahamas - first round no less. Hence my comment about anyone following the Wolfpack shouldn't be surprised when they hang one on a "better" team ...

and this is the same team that beat #15 Clemson last night?

:)

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nc-state-football-carter-finley-wolfpack.jpg

Yup - AND their next game is against #3 Virginia??

Talk about yer gauntlets!

Enjoyed the NCSU vs Clemson game!
Yurtseven played like he was 12' 9" tall and scored at least 5 threes along with his 29 points.
However, the game got sloppy at the end.

My beloved Tar Heels are going to have a hell of a time playing these ACC teams with tall inside players :cool:

Back
Top Bottom