Dystopian Film List

soundmotor

super modified
One of my favorite genres and I am always looking for something not already seen. Post any you appreciated or at least noticed. I've seen some good ones (to me) over the last year with originalish stories and a good casts. Feel free to add to the list, here are 4 fairly recent ones -

Automata (the robots are making themselves smarter and that would be bad) Antonio Banderas, flawed but quite watchable & interesting.

The Infinity Chamber (robotic prison cell w/ one occupant that may or may not be a terrorist) unknown cast w/ definite Moon vibe.

The Rover (war & environmental shift leads to interesting priorities) Guy Pearce, Scoot McNairy, Robert Pattinson. Might be Pearce's best work yet.

The Young Ones (water is rationed, traded, & stolen) Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult, flawed but watchable & interesting.

I recall Heston saying in his pompous autobiography something like “of course the London stage is my first love and I was distressed to have to cancel doing King Lear in London to go back to Hollywood to do Soylent Green”.

He was in many good movies but he never made a movie good. My opinion of course.

03.08-theylive.jpg

I'm a big Mad Max fan (mainly the original), I've always wanted to explore the genre more so I'm going to have to check these suggestions out. Has anyone see the move adaption of "The Road"? The books seemed pretty cool, wonder how they film came out.

Back
Top Bottom