Coffee. Anything coffee related.

Here’s a tip - if you input 1 > B > P2 you get 18 min, but 1 > P2 > B gives you 20 min. You can still add the max amount of extra time so you get an 2 minutes of total roast time. I usually let it go to 5:00 remaining then add the max extra time and go manual. I also use 15 oz instead of a pound.

I have not yet tried any of the program modes.

Did a 1:45 second preheat, then

Used 1 (despite using only 1/4lb in the drum) to avoid the unattended shutdown nanny, then P5 for manual 100% power, then watched the roast. When it was getting brown I hit P4 for 75% power and listened for start of 1C.

At start of 1C I hit the A button to reset the timer to show the expected time for 1/4lb to go to 2C. Half way through that time I hit Cool.

I'm going to try a couple different things.

Less power up front, maybe 50 or 75% and more at the end, 75 or 100%

Then 100% up front like I did but cut back sooner, and maybe to P3 instead of P4.

more power at the end not a great idea as most roasters say it it's a good idea to extend the time between 1st and 2nd crack.

Local supermarket is closing. Normally this local roaster coffee is $14 a pound a little too rich for my blood. Today everything was 50% on top of the sale. IMG_20180110_142006.jpg

Anyone try the new Starbucks Blonde Flat White? They're pretty good! Normally go to my local coffee spot for flat whites but Starbucks has really stepped up their game.

I use a mini percolator that makes 2 big cups and I consume every morning. I can't function without it.
I will grind beans every once in a while and I keep various beans in the freezer but lately I use various pre grinded coffee's.
I love half and half in my brew and use Stevia after years of sweetnlow.

Using a big commercial La Marzocco Linea at home personally. No photos unfortunately, but she's a beauty. I love a nice dark roast personally

Today I received delivery of my latest coffee purchase, an OXO On Brain Barista.

Amazon had it on sale for $100 off, and I was looking for a good, auto-drip coffee maker, so I grabbed this one. I sure learned a lot about drip coffee makers along the way. I had no idea an organization like SCAA existed and that better coffee machines maintained the "golden" temperature better. Who knew. So, here we are, I have this really nice coffee maker now.

Tested it out today, set my Baratza Encore to 15 and put in some of my favourite beans, Kicking Horse 454 (an excellent dark roast). Wow.. impressive! I had no idea drip coffee could be this good. I'm a big fan of espresso and also the flavours from a french press, but this isn't too far off. The coffee is rich, smooth and flavourful. Good stuff.

I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a drip machine that makes a real nice tasting cup of coffee.

I like coffee, can't you tell?

11-16-2015_coffee-wall2.jpg

4-3-2015_sf1.jpg

bean_stash_8-24-2014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom