Today's classical playlist

0112180734.jpg

Do you need an additional Dolby processor to play that LP?

No, of course not. It's a 70's release, so they do claim to use Dolby low noise technology, and I don't know what negative effect, if any, that brings with it. But overall, for a budget release it's really not a bad way to have the complete collection, given what Archive's, even reissues, go for.

No, of course not. It's a 70's release, so they do claim to use Dolby low noise technology, and I don't know what negative effect, if any, that brings with it. But overall, for a budget release it's really not a bad way to have the complete collection, given what Archive's, even reissues, go for.

Thanks! So, Dolby NR is only used in the mastering process, probably. I asked because there were a few DBX encoded LPs that demanded a DBX processor for playback.

P8178262.jpg

VOX COSMICA
Hildegard von Bingen
Hirundo Maris
Arianna Savall – Voice, Medieval Harp, Italian Triple Harp, Lyra, Tibetan Singing Bowl
Petter Udland Johansen – Voice, Hardingfele, Lyra, Fiddle, Monochord
Andreas Spindler – Flutes, Fiddle, Romain Bells, Colascione, Tromba Marina, Voice
Anke Spindler – Nyckelharpa, Fiddles, Viola da Gamba, Voice
David Mayoral – Santur, Percussion, Romain Bells, Voice

Carpe Diem Records

I am currently listening to Bruckner´s 3rd Symphonie (2nd listen), and am immensly enjoying its epicness :)

I really need this because lately I have been listening to a lot of new to me Classical music that isn´t all that great, or that I don´t like at all.

So, it´s REALLY good to be listening to something I love! Doing some serious headbanging to the 1st movement :)

It´s from Concertgebouworkest with Bernard Haitink.

PB035966.jpg

NUOVE MUSICHE
G. G. Kapsberger, D. Pelligrini, A. Piccinini, L. de Narvarez, G. Frescobaldi, B. Gianoncelli
Ensemble Kapsberger
Rolf Lislevand - archlute, baroque guitar, theorboe, director
Arianna Savall - triple harp, voice
Pedro Estevan - percussion
Bjørn Kjellemyr - colascione, double-bass
Guido Morini - organ, clavichord
Marco Ambrosini - nyckelharpa (viola d’amore a chiavi)
Thor-Harald Johnsen - chitarra battente

ECM New Series

Back
Top Bottom