Speakers for a huge studio...

saggy

These go to 11
Need speakers for an art studio that is 30 feet long by 15 feet wide by 15 feet high. Wood floors.

Not sure what would be best for the room.

Any ideas???

I can say jazz and classic rock for sure.

Definitely NOT metal or hip-hop (at least not in large supply).

Certainly some classic country and classic R&B.

That "huge" studio is smaller than my Living Room + Kitchen (which have no wall in-between) and I don't require anything special speaker-wise to be able to fill that room. What are your goals in terms of music? I would base your speakers on that variable more-so than the room size. If you want bass, particularly loud bass, get a nice subwoofer to help fill the room. You might get a nice rug also so you don't get too much reflection off the wood floor.

The purpose of the music is not for a listening space but for background music - but not just to be forgotten and blended in; he still wants to appreciate the sound.

It's my friend's studio and he does want some level of quality. He had a small Sonos speaker in there and couldn't stand it because he said it sounded "tinny."

Budget? A subwoofer or two will help keep smaller speakers from getting lost in a big space.

Lots of options, but for an art studio, does it need to look "artsy"? Could the speakers be used as platforms for some art? Once the aesthetics are considered, then you would have to determine how best to drive them.

Maggie's are cool looking, but don't fill up a room very well and like a lot of power.
Magnepan MG-1.jpg

Vandersteen's have an interesting look and great room filling sound.
P1020598.jpg

Maybe a sat/sub combo that takes up minimal space?
LittleSnapper.jpg

Differently shaped or MCM cool speakers or newer vs modern?
Reduced.jpg
Safari.jpg100_1484.jpg

Last edited:
Have not seen a budget in the thread, but a pair of these would provide nice background music that you would not forget was there :)
15235678_1115810021870704_5061867792357599712_o.jpg

Shout Out to the Oregon brother... but VOTT is overkill. Find some beater khorns and stack stuff on top of them and put paintings on the front of them. One speaker fits all....(music)

Last edited:
Since its an art studio you might want to see if you could find a set of the Gallo Reference 3.5's - pretty artsy looking :)

Back
Top Bottom