Shipping Concerns

welcomdmat

I am really disappointed on my ability to ship audio products.

I took an amplifier and had it serviced by Audio Classics. I have documentation. Showing the amount of service I had done.

I shipped it to a buyer who had buyer's remorse. eBay defended the buyer.

I had the amplifier serviced by Audio Classics. The amplifier was shipped in original McIntosh packaging. The buyer agreed the amplifier was shipped in original packaging.

Sarah at eBay said that it didn't matter what the original shape was, what the original packaging was, or what the seller though about the original shipping situation. She said that nothing mattered outside of the the claim of the seller.

I had the amplifier serviced by Audio Classics. I had the original box purchased for the amplifier. I had most everything done to make sure that the shipping was done correctly. Sarah did not care about the time and money spent on my part.

Does anyone know where she is based? She was generally mean to me.

eBay NEVER sees the item either before shipment by the seller, on receipt by the buyer, or after return to the seller. I'll say that again: eBay NEVER sees the item. Your entire lament flows inevitably from that simple, unescapable, unchangeable fact.

The seller is completely at the mercy of the buyer. Good luck trying to contact “Sarah”. That’s why I would never try and sell on EBay, you’re subject to the various whims of the buyer. Craigslist only if I’m desperate. I try and stick to enthusiast sites so that at least I know I’m dealing with like minded individuals.

Last edited:
I am really wanting. I have documentation that the amplifier was tip-top when I sold it. I have proof that I shipped it in amazing boxes. I have documentation that no one said the box was damaged on the receiving end. I have documentation that I was not taking returns.

After all of that -- a fair bit of work on my end -- I end holding more baseballs than an LA Dodgers pitcher.

I am really wanting. I have documentation that the amplifier was tip-top when I sold it. I have proof that I shipped it in amazing boxes. I have documentation that no one said the box was damaged on the receiving end. I have documentation that I was not taking returns.

After all of that -- a fair bit of work on my end -- I end holding more baseballs than an LA Dodgers pitcher.

In the immortal words of Super Chicken to his trusty sidekick, Fred the lion: "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

Both buyers and sellers seem to have bad ebay experiences. There are unscrupulous people on both sides of various transactions. And then there are also Murphy's Law ones where shirt just happens. I avoid the site like the plague.

What was the buyers problem? Did they say it was damaged? Believe it or not, electronics have problems even being very carefully packed.

I have been selling on eBay since 09 with thousands of transactions and have had only one negative feedback. Keeping that % means I have had to eat a few sales and give money back etc. eBay has a lot of things good and a few bad going for it.....for sellers it means having to take back things you dont want to.

Both buyers and sellers seem to have bad ebay experiences. There are unscrupulous people on both sides of various transactions. And then there are also Murphy's Law ones where shirt just happens. I avoid the site like the plague.

Trick is to use it for item location, then shift off-site for the transaction. Getting trickier day by day...those Asian ladies in the trenches at eBay act like it's their own money, fer chrissakes!

I don't miss eBay at all. I had very few problems with buyers I just hated giving them so much money. At the time the rules were changing and the handwriting was on the wall.

I too am unclear what the seller's claim was. Damaged in transit? In which case there should be a shipping insurance claim. Not as described? What did they claim was wrong with it and were they able to provide any documentation (photo or video)? Not that it makes any difference to ebay, apparently it does not, just wondering.

I too am unclear what the seller's claim was. Damaged in transit? In which case there should be a shipping insurance claim. Not as described? What did they claim was wrong with it and were they able to provide any documentation (photo or video)? Not that it makes any difference to ebay, apparently it does not, just wondering.
Well, he had the amp serviced by Audio Classics and Sarah with eBay is not a very pleasant person and can be generally mean.

Back
Top Bottom