What was the last movie you watched?

American Assassin

JB Fluff. A new category. Whether it be James Bond or Jason Bourne, JB Fluff combines elements of either or both. Thus presenting a derivative action hero who embraces rebelling against the Three Letter Agency whilst fighting the bad guys and protecting Humanity. Watchable but derivative.

AmericanAssassin_grande.jpg

Graveyard Disturbance (1987)
An Italian made for TV horror/comedy movie that didn't do a very good job at either category. Just dull and stupid. Not the good Italian horror cheese that I expected and normally enjoy. It felt kind of like a rip off/combination of the Goonies and Scooby Doo. I think they blew half of the budget running the fog machines through almost the entire movie.:rflmao:

The Mountain between Us

I got surprised by this movie. I honestly didn't know how it would end up. Nor the genre that it evolves into. I watched it all the way to the end. They did a good job keeping me engaged. That must count for something.

The-Mountain-Between-Us-2017-30mmb-480p-Dual-Audio.jpg

We watched the Shining again with a different subtext to examine this time. The child abuse of Danny angle is interesting. It provides some answers to obscurities in the plot.

The Mountain between Us

I got surprised by this movie. I honestly didn't know how it would end up. Nor the genre that it evolves into. I watched it all the way to the end. They did a good job keeping me engaged. That must count for something.

The-Mountain-Between-Us-2017-30mmb-480p-Dual-Audio.jpg
Yeah, I watched it last weekend and enjoyed it. Both characters were really good. I just would have wanted one more scene at the end where they have both and the dog all together

The Return Of Josey Wales (1986)

A low budget, almost totally unknown sequel to The Outlaw Josey Wales. It was apparently filmed and released straight to VHS and has never been released on modern media. I have an original VHS copy I found a few years ago at Salvation Army that I never watched and nearly forgot about until I saw it on Youtube. It's watchable, but not very good at all. No Clint Eastwood.:thumbsdown: BLAND story, characters, acting and writing.:boring: Some half hearted attempts at comedy that failed miserably. Hard to follow at times due to the poor writing, HORRENDOUS sound quality, and poor night time filming. I've seen movies from the early 30s that had as good or better SQ, and low budget movies from the 50s that looked WAY better.:no: I just tried my VHS copy and it is a little better quality than what's on Youtube. Maybe I'll rewatch it again someday and see if I get anything more out of it.

Last edited:
Last night, a local indie theatre put on a small tribute to Buster Keaton. There was a 15 minute lecture about Keaton and then they showed "Playhouse", "Cops", and "Sherlock, Jr". Playhouse was inventive, Cops was my least favorite of the three, and Sherlock, Jr remains my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom