What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

ok, so my Studebaker record cleaning system today and i cleaned some albums, about 40. this is the half priced one down from the spin cleaner. same thing. any way. it works wonderful. so if you were wating for a proofing, you have it. A+++
Bought mine 6 mos ago and cleaned everything in the house. Got my proof then and posted it here. I like saving $$.

Hope you don't mind if I join, been meaning to play some D for a while now. No time like the present...

600x600bf.jpg

social-distortion-mommy-s-little-monster-rare-vinyl-record-picture-disc_15238161

The B Side of the picture disc,

Last edited:
There is a vintage receiver shoot out thread here on AK and the originator used four or five receivers of 80 to 120 watts plus and a Marantz 2230 with less than half the power , He goes on to say the Marantz looks like something only a grandmother would use...after giving the first few a trial , he is astonished that the Marantz sounded better by a long shot, he than later goes on to talk about which of the first four he is now using..wtf ...if the best sounding one isn't going to be the one that gets used, why have the shoot out. A classic case of brand bias clouding a decision...Thank God for the common sense knowledge that always carries the day on this thread. I have no dog in this fight and even though I have Marantz gear I'm the first guy looking for the next superior item...any thought from my golden eared compatriots around hear..
One thing I think is clear to me at least, the more actual music you listen to and know well, the more qualified you are to know a good piece of gear when you hear one. The music references give you a great baseline of comparison...
All right I'll shut up now..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom