Great Audio Quotes

GYMusic

Compression is your friend
Rudy Van Gelder - "The biggest distorter is the LP itself. I've made thousands of LP masters. I used to make 17 a day, with two lathes going simultaneously, and I'm glad to see the LP go. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance. It was a constant battle to try to make that music sound the way it should. It was never any good. And if people don't like what they hear in digital, they should blame the engineer who did it. Blame the mastering house. Blame the mixing engineer. That's why some digital recordings sound terrible, and I'm not denying that they do, but don't blame the medium."

I couldn't agree more.

7lzn1qajyg.jpg
I'm pretty sure this first appeared in the New Yorker

The term "Wilbury" also originated during the Cloud Nine sessions. Referring to recording errors created by faulty equipment, Harrison jokingly remarked to Lynne, "We'll bury 'em in the mix."[8] Thereafter, they used the term for any small error in performance. Harrison first suggested "the Trembling Wilburys" as the group's name; at Lynne's suggestion, they amended it to "Traveling Wilburys".

"These talking machines are going to ruin the artistic development of music in this country. When I was a boy...in front of every house in the summer evenings, you would find young people together singing the songs of the day or old songs. Today you hear these infernal machines going night and day. We will not have a vocal cord left. The vocal cord will be eliminated by a process of evolution, as was the tail of man when he came from the ape." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

Please endulge me this conceit;
I did a websearch for " "Different" is easy, "better" not so much. ", and found no attributed quotation in spite of occasionally using it here in this forum.
So, I suppose, it's, strictly speaking, not a quotation when I use it.

Back
Top Bottom