What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

No problem on the late welcomes. Thanks!

I'm late with my intro thread and answering some questions from last week. The receiver is a Sansui 350A, the table is a Sanyo TP-1020 with AT95e, into my Bose 201s I bought in high school.

Sticking with'75 for my next album. Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow.
View attachment 1087489

I had one of those TT back in the day. It always worked great.

No problem on the late welcomes. Thanks!

I'm late with my intro thread and answering some questions from last week. The receiver is a Sansui 350A, the table is a Sanyo TP-1020 with AT95e, into my Bose 201s I bought in high school.

Sticking with'75 for my next album. Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow.
View attachment 1087489

Welcome. Nice rig. You'll see that lp often round these parts :thumbsup:

600x600bf.jpg

Speaking of classifications, would that bike be a Dresser?

This album speaks directly to me...

Its funny, I am not an anal retentive kind of person but I can't function with my music disorganized. I already spend to much time deciding on something, finding it and cueing it up. I also do the same thing as you, new arrivals are quarantined until I sort through them and identify keepers. From there they go in the trade bait rack or into the general collection which I don't segregate by genre. That last part may change out of necessity soon. I don't have the largest collection but even at 2500-3000 LPs I cant imagine them not being alphabetized at least by first letter and artist inside that letter, which is as obsessive as I care to be.

:thumbsup:Hey Fuzzy, What's up? Any decision on the cartridge? Just checking. My Grado offer stands. Let me know when able.

Before he made some of the great metal albums of all time with Megadeth, Marty Friedman was in a band from Hawaii, called Hawaii...before that he was in a band called Deuce in my neck of the woods in Maryland.
Listening to this tonight I realized that the title track, Loud, Wild And Heavy is an absolute rip-off of Raven's 1983 song, Hung, Drawn And Quartered...blatant rip-off.
(selling for pretty good scratch on Discogs)

Hawaii ~ Loud, Wild And Heavy 12" 33 1/3rd rpm EP
1984 Important/Cavern IRD 07

https://www.discogs.com/Hawaii-Loud-Wild-And-Heavy/release/2221013
015.jpg

016.jpg

Its funny, I am not an anal retentive kind of person but I can't function with my music disorganized. I already spend to much time deciding on something, finding it and cueing it up. I also do the same thing as you, new arrivals are quarantined until I sort through them and identify keepers. From there they go in the trade bait rack or into the general collection which I don't segregate by genre. That last part may change out of necessity soon. I don't have the largest collection but even at 2500-3000 LPs I cant imagine them not being alphabetized at least by first letter and artist inside that letter, which is as obsessive as I care to be.

I tried obsessing. It ain't fun. So I find something that looks playable, which doesn't take much digging due to the amount I have on my PC, and crack another beer. Silence is the only thing I dread, and there's no need for that.

When I got back from my northern prison stint, I was surrounded by music and found I'd lost my mojo. I sat in silence, not even wanting to fire anything up. My rock favourites left me cold, ditto my classics. I didn't want to hear anything. I couldn't imagine wanting to hear anything. I distinctly remember posting those feelings at the time. I had to ease myself back in. I didn't even turn my amplifier on for a week after getting home.

Now I'm back to my normal standards of constant sounds, and can't imagine going through that spell, even though I remember it well.

My classical vinyl collection is so small that I simply go by composer. I've only got like 50 single albums and about 20 box sets. The classical and jazz CD's are mixed in with everything else. So J.S. Bach is between The B-52's and Bad English. Art Blakey is in between Black Sabbath and Blink 182. It's musical rollercoaster baby!

I have one classical recording, so I file it alphabetically.

I had one of those TT back in the day. It always worked great.

The only problem I have with it is the head shell is shorter than the aftermarket one's. I have to angle the cart to get proper alignment. Keeps me from going down the cart collecting rabbit hole. Lol

I do have an Orbit on the way. I will give this to my Dad as long as I like the Orbit. I'm a K.I.S.S kinda guy.:beerchug:

This brings up a question for me that has been festering for a while. When you alphabetize/organize classical albums do you sort them by conductor, composer, symphony...or is the answer D. All of the above. I have too much physical media to not organize it, and I am baffled by an organizational scheme for classical music that doesn't require me to remember way too much...
If the recording is one composer, by composer. If there are two or more on one recording, by the first listed. The spines usually list all of them and I know who is on which.

Back
Top Bottom