Tekton Owners Thread

I have a pair of DIs, I'm curious, what have other owners of Tekton towers done with speaker placement? How much toe in do you use?

My Pendragons are 9" from the wall toed in one inch. I briefly messed around with placement and settled on this. They're not real sensitive to placement like some speakers are.

Last edited:
Just got back on the Tekton horse after a year of not having the space for them. This time, I got a pair of Lore Reference which are slightly larger than the M-Lores we used to have. Impressions so far are good. Its hard to compare to the M-Lores since its been over a year and in a totally different room.

What I can compare them to are my LS50s which were in the same room. The Lore Reference seem just as detailed and throw a bigger sound-stage. When I had the M-Lores next to the LS50s in my old place the Kef's were clearly more detailed. So I'd say the Reference are a step up from the Ms.

The Reference are a bit more in your face than the LS50s which seem laid back in comparison. Bass is a bit weak something I don't recall with the Ms but it could be the room. I was using a sub with the Kefs so its not a fair comparison. The sub definitely dug deeper than the Reference. I'll see if things change but might hook the sub back up.

So far so good, I will know more with time. I will say the wife is really happy with them :)

Last edited:
Just an update, the bass is back. I changed my amp and bam! I was using the little Nuforce power dac which has always been light on bass but I didn't realize how light til I fired up an old favorite the onkyo a-9050 integrated.

The Reference now has as much slam as the M-lores did but a bit more detail. A win win...very pleased. Now if I can just move into a larger place and get some DIs :)

I just ordered 4 DI's for a 4.1 setup! SOOOO EXCITED!! My listening room is about 19ft by 22ft. Pre/Pro is an Emotiva UMC-1. Amps for now will be Behringer A500's (unfortunately) but will be upgrading to an Emotiva XPA Gen3 amp soon. Sub is a massive Infinite baffle with 8 18's. Plan is to run the DIs full range and just fill in the 25hz and below with the giant IB for extra bottom end and subsonic impact. I will definitely give as much of a review as possible one they're setup, broken in and dialed in.

Sure! I'm hoping to do a subjective review for you as well as maybe even some measurements. In the meantime check out my video on my Infinite Baffle playing 10 hz.
Give a thumbs up if you like please!!

There is a video of a resistor upgrade for some earlier DI speakers. Anyone know about this?
My SN on them are just below 150 and I sent off an email to tekton and not had a reply for a week or so.

Video

This is a great thread with plenty of useful reviews from actual Tekton owners. I am enjoying it thoroughly and seriously considering either Electrons or Double Impacts for my 11x13x9 listening room. The speakers would be about 7 feet apart in my room and about 8 feet from my sitting position.

After reading that Eric believes there is no such thing as a room being too small, I am considering the DI's. I like that the DI's have been extensively reviewed in this forum and beyond, as well as the lower bass extension, fuller low-bass support and superior tweeters.

The only problem is this: I have always followed the conventional wisdom which is that tweeters should be placed at ear-height.

Ear-height is about 36" when sitting in a comfortable chair. This is probably about right for the Electron tweeter array but not the 8" taller DI's.

I would appreciate some feedback from DI owners about the tweeters being 6-10" above the ears of a seated listener, especially if they have tried listening at ear-height as well and the differences they noticed.

There is a video of a resistor upgrade for some earlier DI speakers. Anyone know about this?
My SN on them are just below 150 and I sent off an email to tekton and not had a reply for a week or so.

Video
Hi Rocky500,

I noticed the video doesn't specify how the two resistors are to be mounted. I'm guessing that you need two (150 ohm, 10W) per DI speaker, one for each mid driver and they are intended to be connected in parallel with each driver. That would shunt part of the signal sent to the mid drivers through the resistors. The video mentions "in line", which is confusing as that often implies in series with the speakers. I think these are the parts: 10-watt-ceramic-cement-power-resistor-150-ohm-pkg-of-2 available at reverb.com. I'll probably try this, myself. Probably worth a phone call to Eric to confirm this, but a simple mod using alligator clips.

Good luck!

This is a great thread with plenty of useful reviews from actual Tekton owners. I am enjoying it thoroughly and seriously considering either Electrons or Double Impacts for my 11x13x9 listening room. The speakers would be about 7 feet apart in my room and about 8 feet from my sitting position.

After reading that Eric believes there is no such thing as a room being too small, I am considering the DI's. I like that the DI's have been extensively reviewed in this forum and beyond, as well as the lower bass extension, fuller low-bass support and superior tweeters.

The only problem is this: I have always followed the conventional wisdom which is that tweeters should be placed at ear-height.

Ear-height is about 36" when sitting in a comfortable chair. This is probably about right for the Electron tweeter array but not the 8" taller DI's.

I would appreciate some feedback from DI owners about the tweeters being 6-10" above the ears of a seated listener, especially if they have tried listening at ear-height as well and the differences they noticed.

Hi Mysticriver,

My DIs are not in an optimum setting, but I clearly prefer the sound sitting down over standing up. Just my $.02...

Hi Rocky500,

I noticed the video doesn't specify how the two resistors are to be mounted. I'm guessing that you need two (150 ohm, 10W) per DI speaker, one for each mid driver and they are intended to be connected in parallel with each driver. That would shunt part of the signal sent to the mid drivers through the resistors. The video mentions "in line", which is confusing as that often implies in series with the speakers. I think these are the parts: 10-watt-ceramic-cement-power-resistor-150-ohm-pkg-of-2 available at reverb.com. I'll probably try this, myself. Probably worth a phone call to Eric to confirm this, but a simple mod using alligator clips.

Good luck!

From the video there 15 ohm 10W resistors. A bit hard to see but that is a ohm symbol at the end of 15.

Zero Fidelity does outline the method in the comments.
Quote: "Sure. Step 1) Reach out to Tekton and procure a set of resistors.
2) Once the resistors arrive, you should then remove the screws that secure the bottom midrange drivers on each speaker.
4) Gently pull each woofer from the cabinet, just enough to where you can access the back of the woofer.
5) Take the resistors and install them between the positive and negative terminals on the back of the woofer (where the wire is soldered into place).
Note: If the resistors come with pre-installed clips (which may cost a small amount of $, as it will take time for them to do this), all you have to do is clip them in place (positive side of the resistor to the positive side of the wire terminal on the back of the woofer, and negative to negative). If the resistors do not come with pre-installed clips, then you will need to either make the clips yourself or solder the resistors onto the back of the woofers. Either way, once the job is done, you simply screw the woofers back into place and then boom - you're done."

I thought I read that putting a resistor across the terminals could change the impedance that your amp might see, so last night I tried putting a mills 15 ohm resistor across the terminal on each of the lower mid range drivers and the ohms did not change at the binding posts. around 3.3 ohms.
Will see how it goes. It does sound a little different now. I only tacked them on while I wait for a reply from Tekton. :)

Also Eric did a post in the comments too of that Video.
Eric Alexander
1 month ago
Call us directly with your DI serial numbers in hand.

Last edited:
Hi Butchgo,

Are you out in the Spokane area? It is beautiful out there!
Close but I actually live about 25 miles NW in the 9 Mile Falls area.
It is very nice but I am prejudice because both my and my wife are born and raised here.

Back
Top Bottom