What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I don't generally hear much of a difference from one amp to the next, if operating properly (that's not a given with old gear). The only Marantz receiver I heard much of (a friend's) sounded fine. Don't know the model, was long ago. So maybe I have tin ears. Whatever, I am into amps regardless. Right now I favor my DIY amp, which I ran for a couple months and am preparing to test for power output etc. It needs some structural finish as well. It's hard not to like something you made yourself. I call it the Mothership.
View attachment 1087548 View attachment 1087549

Damn, some nights I can barely switch out amps meanwhile you are building them. Wish I had that skillset!

Sat down to listen to a box set wife bought me years ago, "Love Train". I grew up about 60 miles from Philly. Early life in the 'projects". Grew up listening to Motown/TSOP stuff. Still have a big soft spot for it. The song are bringing back lots of old great memories.......

Must be some O'Jays in there... I grew up in DE, about 50 miles south of Philly and WFIL played all that great soul stuff, as well as the other '60s & '70s hits...

600x600bf.jpg

:thumbsup:
Nice. Bob. You're taking your time with this. I see that careful consideration was taken with the letter "E". Pristine copy of the Mothership you've got there.
Don't forget our brother @zebra03. He posts more ELP than me and MX5 combined!
I'll play the remaster right now in honor of the occasion.
002.jpg

PC090001.jpg

005.jpg

016.jpg

006.jpg

PC160019.jpg
Forget how many albums they have. Apologies to @zebra03. Yes, This copy is very clean, Sounds great.

I don't generally hear much of a difference from one amp to the next, if operating properly (that's not a given with old gear). The only Marantz receiver I heard much of (a friend's) sounded fine. Don't know the model, was long ago. So maybe I have tin ears. Whatever, I am into amps regardless. Right now I favor my DIY amp, which I ran for a couple months and am preparing to test for power output etc. It needs some structural finish as well. It's hard not to like something you made yourself. I call it the Mothership.
View attachment 1087548 View attachment 1087549

Cool design. Power supplies on the outside edge is cleaver for cooling.

Back
Top Bottom