Speakers

Confused111

I have a pair of Amerita Audio speakers but cant find any information about themIf anyone could give me any info id greatly appreciate it...i just signed up on AK today and havent a clue what im doing.

Amrita's origin is a little unusual - they were designed by a physicist and made at a commune all of whom were devotees of a Hindu mystic in the midwest - Iowa? - (I don't know the proper descriptive words to use about Hinduism, so I apologize if I have misspoken). I believe it was the group that tried to levitate the whole establishment at one chronologically salubrious point. Regardless of the oddball origin of the speakers, they were very highly regarded, and you have done well in picking them up.

Not to totally derail things, but were they designed by someone at the Maharashi institute/university in Fairfield Iowa? Just curious, I was in grad school in Iowa City when the Maharashi were making their claim to fame by levitating. Ok, so maybe that was a total derail. :)
A

That sounds right to me - a friend wanted to buy a pair of one of their speakers and showed me the Sensible Sound review, which was the source of my info.

Back
Top Bottom