SANSUI 5000X

Regarding outputs, I believe they have little to nothing to do with the sound, except in really fast amps such as the 919 or X1 where you really should match the speed of the originals. The "Sound" is in the circuit design, the outputs are just big "faucets" that adds ampere so that the already "prepared signal" can actually move some speaker cones. The only case where I would consider MJ21194/95's would be if I didn't have originals and, as often is the case, have originals in one side and some replacement that may or may not be a good match in the other side. In that Case - I'd argue that you are better off with all new outputs from same manufacturer and batch. Rest with Overundr1's advice - and don't worry about the outputs, the replacements you have in are proven and they are all the same.

The circuit transistors are original
I listen sound of the amp in the next two days carefully.
I want to see there really is a issues?

And a question outside the discussion:
Between Amps 7070 and 5000x and marantz 2250b
Which sound is warmer?

I've had a 2252B, 4000 but not a 7070, so I am not fully qualified to answer - however I can almost guarantee you that the 5000x is the warmer sounding. The reason is that the 5000x is using large capacitors to filter DC in the output stage (cap coupled) whereas the others are Direct coupled, the 5000X is also quasi complementary in its output config (4 x NPN) vs full complimentary (2x NPN, 2 X PNP) furthermore the 5000x is a single rail design, meaning there is only a positive rail and a ground. So the 5000x is an older generation of amp design. That design typically have a low damping factor, which means the bass is not in an "iron grip" by the amp and thus floats a bit more. This in turn lends itself to a warmish sound with a bit of blooming in the bass that is not super accurate but with a sound overall that is very smooth and BIG. The other amps you mention will have a more precise and tight execution of the sound, but in turn a bit more buttoned up. However, despite the 5000x era's sub-par specs in distortion, channel separation...and nowhere near flat response curves - that design have many fans around here. One thing is to reproduce the incoming signal at a larger scale at great precision measured electronically, another is to reproduce the incoming signal and then once traveled through speaker cones, cabinets and air to your eardrum - all with specific altering effects - to have it sound real and groovy. For some reason, many of the best cap coupled designs, despite their short comings on the spec side - manages just that. You have a very fine amp indeed.

I've had a 2252B, 4000 but not a 7070, so I am not fully qualified to answer - however I can almost guarantee you that the 5000x is the warmer sounding. The reason is that the 5000x is using large capacitors to filter DC in the output stage (cap coupled) whereas the others are Direct coupled, the 5000X is also quasi complementary in its output config (4 x NPN) vs full complimentary (2x NPN, 2 X PNP) furthermore the 5000x is a single rail design, meaning there is only a positive rail and a ground. So the 5000x is an older generation of amp design. That design typically have a low damping factor, which means the bass is not in an "iron grip" by the amp and thus floats a bit more. This in turn lends itself to a warmish sound with a bit of blooming in the bass that is not super accurate but with a sound overall that is very smooth and BIG. The other amps you mention will have a more precise and tight execution of the sound, but in turn a bit more buttoned up. However, despite the 5000x era's sub-par specs in distortion, channel separation...and nowhere near flat response curves - that design have many fans around here. One thing is to reproduce the incoming signal at a larger scale at great precision measured electronically, another is to reproduce the incoming signal and then once traveled through speaker cones, cabinets and air to your eardrum - all with specific altering effects - to have it sound real and groovy. For some reason, many of the best cap coupled designs, despite their short comings on the spec side - manages just that. You have a very fine amp indeed.
Thank you for everything
I will upload a video test of 5000x and Rogers ls3 / 5a Tomorrow
I entered to AK recently and learned a lot over this short time

Back
Top Bottom