JBL i.d.

Not a JBL guy, but those are the coaxials. I doubt that those are the boxes they were born in.

The JBL devotees will let you know soon enough, though. Good find.

What's the story behind them?

GeeDeeEmm

From Al Gore's Amazing Interweb:

hqdefault.jpg

Looks like ToddAlin rung the bell?

GeeDeeEmm

half a benjaman. i should bite?

If they work, absolutely. Just listen to them and use a cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper or hand towels. Place the end of the tube over the center screen-covered area (the "tweeter") and the other end to your ear just to make sure that the tweets function. If they and the woofer work ok, you've stumbled upon a bargain. A brief ebay search shows that the working speakers and crossovers fetch about $200+.

GeeDeeEmm

Half a bennie is not bad, but if you intend to flip them, don't look to make a killing.

I sold a pair of in the cabinets with the marble tops and front scroll work in very good shape (C51 Apollo cabinets) for $500 that needed refoam. A friend gave them to me, and the buyer was extremely happy to get them.

But that was over 10 years ago, and these things have gone up to the right buyers.

I think i owe it to them to refoam them with the correct -or a close to that as i can get surrounds , and hear whatever magic is in them.

Back
Top Bottom