What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I have been on a Chicago marathon. I always had some other stuff and of course heard all the radio stuff. Played 25 or 6 to 4 a billion times in the band. But never really listened to them. Until I bought the two box sets. 1969-1978 and 1979 - 2008.

I have to say wow, there are things I never knew they did. It seems the newer stuff is more commercial and the older stuff is more jazz like. Then they slip in something like I'm a man.

Glad I checked this out some cool stuff here. I guess I was too wrapped up in 70's 80's rock to really dive into them back then.
But hey when you have bands like Rush, Boston, Kansas, Montrose, Scorpions and UFO. It was just hard to stray at that time. Glad I matured enough to broaden my horizons. So now I'm on Chicago 5. Lots to go.

Very much. I'm going through multiple versions of the symphonies this weekend Played all 9 last night (Abbado/Berliner). I'm going to play my Karajan vinyl later, but I'm sticking to digital for now, feeling a bit bone idle.

Myself, I am not into binge listening, I get bored. I procured my DG box set about a month ago and have played one symphony about every 4 or 5 days or so. I have enjoyed 3, 4 and 6 a lot. As with a lot of folks they really have only have heard 5 and 9. Will finish up in a week or so. Then on to my Tchaikovsky set that I got on Amazon couple years ago for 99¢ and burned to CD. Classical is cool once in a while.

I have been on a Chicago marathon. I always had some other stuff and of course heard all the radio stuff. Played 25 or 6 to 4 a billion times in the band. But never really listened to them. Until I bought the two box sets. 1969-1978 and 1979 - 2008.

I have to say wow, there are things I never knew they did. It seems the newer stuff is more commercial and the older stuff is more jazz like. Then they slip in something like I'm a man.

Glad I checked this out some cool stuff here. I guess I was too wrapped up in 70's 80's rock to really dive into them back then.
But hey when you have bands like Rush, Boston, Kansas, Montrose, Scorpions and UFO. It was just hard to stray at that time. Glad I matured enough to broaden my horizons. So now I'm on Chicago 5. Lots to go.
I recently picked up a cassette of 18, need to play it. I have no idea what to expect.

Please keep your political opinions to yourself. This is a music forum. We don't need division on this thread.
No problem , Sir .I have not any intent do divide and or start a polemic to everyone..I do not tolerate intolerance for a judgment that did not start any discussion, people who want to teach others how to stay in the world. and take the right to do the moderators You also keep AK and your arrogance that I keep my music and my freedom to be as I am. Good luck.It was a pleasure.

Myself, I am not into binge listening, I get bored. I procured my DG box set about a month ago and have played one symphony about every 4 or 5 days or so. I have enjoyed 3, 4 and 6 a lot. As with a lot of folks they really have only have heard 5 and 9. Will finish up in a week or so. Then on to my Tchaikovsky set that I got on Amazon for 99¢ and burned to CD. Classical is cool once in a while.

Last time I binged, it was on Rush, playing just about their entire catalogue. That was fun.

The object of the exercise is an attempt to familiarize myself with the symphonies I've ignored. As you say, most people don't know them all. I know 9, 6, 7, 3 and 5 very well; 1, 2, 4 and 8 hardly at all. Listening to those 4 last night, I realized that I knew them more than I had supposed, but not well enough to identify them.

Those Bigsby tremolos always look classy to me, compared to a Floyd Rose or Kahler "whammy." Context is everything, of course...

Morning All. Lazing it up today. I can't put any audible tunes on right now in the BR as my wife is sleeping (she has been having very rough nights ever since the accident). Figuring out now where I'm going to go to play some tunes on the portable Bose. Long weekend; hunkered down due to weather-- planning a bit of a marathon today. I got some CD's yesterday from the record shop to pad out my LP selection; will post later.

Enjoy your Saturday wherever you are!

GJ

That was awhile back if memory serves. My prayers to both of you.

I wonder if that is where a certain someone got his handle?

That Fuzzy Warbles phrase is from the famous Record Shop scene from A Clockwork Orange, and yes that was my intention when I selected my AK name. However, given the nature of Alex's speech in that movie I misheard the phrase as Fuzzy Wobbles. I then found the name Fuzzywobbles to be even funnier as it relates to record collecting...

And Just FYI, it looks like they took down that actual scene with the girls from youtube, I couldn't find it.

i've got a brand new pair of roller skates , you've got a brand new key. on and on and on,,,,+

Hmm. That one had to come out while "the worst album" was under discussion. I had to check your post for the version since you got my memory working.

No, not the original, but a terrible, hideous version called "Brand New Combine Harvester" by a gang of lunatic asylum escapees known as The Wurzels, and it's STILL not the worst song I ever heard, far from it.

Back
Top Bottom