What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Slick, I've got a lot of vinyl I bought in the 60's, including that one. What's the secret in achieving that ring design on the album cover? I swear I just went thru a bunch of old albums and couldn't find one with the ring. What am I doing wrong? I think it gives the record class and shows that this particular recording has lived a very exciting life.

Ring wear. Comes from how they are stored. Packing LPs together too tightly will cause it. Using poly outer sleeves helps prevent it.

vawibjogn6y3.jpg

Van Der Graff Generator • Still Life

I'm not a prude by any means, but can we keep the f-bombs to a minimum please? There are ladies who drop in on occasion and maybe a kid or two. Thanks.
Although I was born in the US, I will NEVER understand the problem that they have with WORDS. They are just letters, and I am SURE that the women and children that you mention have seen worse and probably use the same or worse language themselves...

Nice ambient lights. How is that Rega. Have heard about it for years.

Ya, I sorta have a blue theme going on in our living room. Didn't plan it just sorta worked out that way.
I have had the Rega for about 5 years now and like it. I have a Denon and a Kenwood as well.

At the time I bought it I wanted to keep it down under $1,500.
With the cartridge it fit the bill nicely. IF and I say that loosely. Because believe it or not from all the crazy stuff I have said. I'm not a big believer in a 10G turn table that looks like Sy Borg from Joes garage. So that being said I would buy a VPI table. And not the supper "high end" ones either. I would probably get that new one Cliffwood.

Tell you the truth at the time I purchased the Rega I was intent on not buying a Chinese made turn table. I'm not saying bad things about them I just wanted a USA made turn table and at the time there were none in my price range. I also live in a very small town like 3000. So I had to drive 4 hours just to find the Rega.

So all I can say is it does what I want it to do.

Back
Top Bottom