What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Made it through most of the A sides, with a break for this, forgot how well this is recorded.
R-699340-1505317593-6787.jpeg.jpg

Slick, I've got a lot of vinyl I bought in the 60's, including that one. What's the secret in achieving that ring design on the album cover? I swear I just went thru a bunch of old albums and couldn't find one with the ring. What am I doing wrong? I think it gives the record class and shows that this particular recording has lived a very exciting life.

Ha! While I like my covers as close to mint as possible, I too have a soft spot for that "halo" look. Not really sure how to achieve it.
Maybe shuffling the albums like dealing deck of cards with the LP's inside???

Ya, I sorta have a blue theme going on in our living room. Didn't plan it just sorta worked out that way.
I have had the Rega for about 5 years now and like it. I have a Denon and a Kenwood as well.

At the time I bought it I wanted to keep it down under $1,500.
With the cartridge it fit the bill nicely. IF and I say that loosely. Because believe it or not from all the crazy stuff I have said. I'm not a big believer in a 10G turn table that looks like Sy Borg from Joes garage. So that being said I would buy a VPI table. And not the supper "high end" ones either. I would probably get that new one Cliffwood.

Tell you the truth at the time I purchased the Rega I was intent on not buying a Chinese made turn table. I'm not saying bad things about them I just wanted a USA made turn table and at the time there were none in my price range. I also live in a very small town like 3000. So I had to drive 4 hours just to find the Rega.

So all I can say is it does what I want it to do.

They have a strong following. I like the VPI Direct Drive classic. No, Not a mega buck guy either. However, The Technics SL 1200G from last year, Is on my radar. That one will happen. BTW, We have another blue room dude, Right @Delmarva

Krisiun - Unmerciful Order (Hungo Records), original vinyl record, Hencho en Columbia, low quality press based on visual inspection, comes with black and white insert.

One of the most extreme Death Metal LPs I own, makes their later work seem tame in comparison.

Seen them live in 2006, opening for Morbid Angel in Mokena, IL

Just arrived, now playing (suggested by @FOH Engineer , thanks): Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet. No rigorous multipoint evaluation now, just letting it flow. As Miles Davis said in an old TV commercial (what was it for, anyway?), "First, I'll play it. Then, I'll tell you about it. Maybe."
View attachment 1085261 View attachment 1085262
OK, wife ducked out to shop, so it's crankin' time for a bit, and this get's the nod. Mr Sweet says to not be afraid to play it loud.
rps20180113_162540.jpg
This is a keeper. Aside from the subtleties of coaxing the best sound from certain classic guitars, I just like the composition and general performances and recording. Clear but smooth, nice melodies, harmonies and chorusing. Sweet does not have what I would call a beautiful voice, but he has good tonal control.

I did not know that it's Tuesday Weld on the cover.

i-walk-the-line-tuesday-weld-1970-everett.jpg
I see her on another Sweet cover, I will need to investigate the connection.

But then, they lose all impact when overused with no forethought whatsoever, no? I'm sure there are words and topics in German that would be considered offensive by some or all.

Welcome to the thread nonetheless!

Now Playing: Various Artists, "Channel One, Well Charged"

View attachment 1088160

GJ
I know what you mean. In my USAF days every second word was ****. That´s the was it is in the military. I also don´t like EXCESSIVE profanity. but an occasional **** just fits sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom