What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

s/t - Nazz
XRSnbzk.jpg

v432g7378rwk.jpg

Someone over at the Steve Hoffman forum posted quite a few by Mr. Gainsbourg. So when I saw this for $1.99 I thought why not.

@KevinJS So I'd like to know your thoughts ??

Serge Gainsbourg? I've read that if his music had been in English, not one of us would be lacking his entire catalogue in our collections. As far as I know, only one of his songs made it as a single in the English-speaking world, "Je t'aime...moi non plus", with Jane Birkin. The recording was banned in some countries for its overly sexual connotations (and serious amounts of heavy breathing). I seem to remember it was written for his girlfriend of the time, Brigitte Bardot.

Quick dig through YT coming up...

I'm sure you have a winner on your hands there. I'm particularly interested in this one. "Gainsbourg classics: the classical pieces which inspired them." I don't know any of the pieces off the bat, but I dare say I'm going to find them very familiar, once I get to do a bit of googling.

I was planning on buying tickets and driving to Berlin to see them around when KK left the Band. I just couldn´t take the idea of seeing Priest without KK, and I didn´t go.

No regrets.

I´m sure Ritchie can play; but he´s not KK.

All this talk of Ritchie bringing "new power to the band" is bullshit. KK was NEVER lacking in power.

I was planning on buying tickets and driving to Berlin to see them around when KK left the Band. I just couldn´t take the idea of seeing Priest without KK, and I didn´t go.

No regrets.

I´m sure Ritchie can play; but he´s not KK.

All this talk of Ritchie bringing "new power to the band" is bullshit. KK was NEVER lacking in power.

I think the quote was, Energy. He's in his 30's, The rest, What 65. Downing walked to the golf course. Tipton handpicked Faulkner, Who lit a fire in there asses.

It’s pretty damn good. 1972 prog-psyche maybe? He’s the inner gatefold. Did it have anything to say to you?

View attachment 1088174

Edit: I want just 5 minutes alone in a locked room with the guy responsible for spellcheck...:mad:

Yes and me too with the spell check thing. On my computer it changes words I don't even relise it until I go back to the post I made. I have been editing all day.

NICE!! Tough one to find in decent shape.

I have a used record store down the street from my restaurant. When he buys albums usually a collection, so it is a box at a time. The guy calls me and lets me take the box home and pick out what I want. I bring the rest back and pay for the albums I took. They are usually $5.00 to $8.00.
I was excited to find a copy of Shinin' on mint with the 3d glasses that were never taken off the cover. I think he asked 8 bucks for that one.
I had to have the Loco-Motion.

Back
Top Bottom