What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thanks. Oh doughs photos are right alright. I'm afraid to show the rest, but maybe I'll have to, just to prove it is in fact a cave. I know because I'm the only one that comes down here. God forbid the fun Vacuum enters. No daughter neither. Sometimes my son will sit to watch a movie or two, but otherwise it's just me. And that's all I have to say 'bout dat. What's the movie EEGAH?

S.J.

Eegah is the tragic story of a man who lives in a cave and has the nasty habit of kidnapping women. There's no spoiler alert because nobody cares, but Eegah meets his just rewards in the end. It also may have been the film debut of Richard Kiel, a very tall actor. I think he's also been referred to as JAWS.

I have a used record store down the street from my restaurant. When he buys albums usually a collection, so it is a box at a time. The guy calls me and lets me take the box home and pick out what I want. I bring the rest back and pay for the albums I took. They are usually $5.00 to $8.00.
I was excited to find a copy of Shinin' on mint with the 3d glasses that were never taken off the cover. I think he asked 8 bucks for that one.
I had to have the Loco-Motion.

Very cool...I have "On Time" in amazing condition.

Is that Death Magnetic on the bottom. Also, Another killer ZZ Top! Well done sir

8m72hlurnc5i.jpg

Eegah is the tragic story of a man who lives in a cave and has the nasty habit of kidnapping women. There's no spoiler alert because nobody cares, but Eegah meets his just rewards in the end. It also may have been the film debut of Richard Kiel, a very tall actor. I think he's also been referred to as JAWS.

Ha I remember seeing this movie many moons ago.

OK, wife ducked out to shop, so it's crankin' time for a bit, and this get's the nod. Mr Sweet says to not be afraid to play it loud.
View attachment 1088148
This is a keeper. Aside from the subtleties of coaxing the best sound from certain classic guitars, I just like the composition and general performances and recording. Clear but smooth, nice melodies, harmonies and chorusing. Sweet does not have what I would call a beautiful voice, but he has good tonal control.

I did not know that it's Tuesday Weld on the cover.

View attachment 1088157
I see her on another Sweet cover, I will need to investigate the connection.

One of my favorite albums of the early 1990s.

Thanks, Worried Man. That makes sense. For me to pack them more tightly would require me buying more vinyl, which is not going to happen. :no:

Come to think about; I'm not packed too tightly either.

I think that might be why many of the records I bought in high school and college now don't show much ring wear. I simply did not have enough to pack them tightly into my shelves. I think back on it, and I think by freshman year in college I had, maybe, 50 records? And I thought that was a lot!

Actually, I have to be more careful about ring wear now, because I have many more and tend to try to pack them into the limited shelving space I have.

P-bear wanted to Listen to Tom Petty's greatest again and I realized that it was one of the first CD's I ever had. not the very first that was Electric Ladyland but an early one for sure.
I also think its funny he added two songs from the Wildflowers session. he felt they were greatest hits and and no one even heard em yet. They asked Kim Basinger to be in the video mary Janes last dance because Tom said "She's got to look really good, or why would he keep her around after she's dead?" I thought, Kim Basinger would be good. I'd probably keep her for a day or two, let's go see if she would do it." You can make a joke about it, but you have to act a bit to be dead. It's not easy."
upload_2018-1-13_20-2-56.png

Back
Top Bottom