Any Arkansans out there?

Man o' man, that's a very gracious offer. Even though I occasionally listen to a record, I'm almost completely CD now. (Just as CDs are beginning to go the route of cassettes and 8-tracks!) So I don't want to put you to so much trouble for something that I would rarely listen to. However, if the Annual Arkie Audio Adventure ever comes to pass (maybe this spring?), I will take you up on your offer.

I'm proud of you Echron - you've once again shown the world what southern folks are all about.

GeeDeeEmm

When you said something about your 771 I remembered my dad picked up a 881 a couple of years ago and it has been sitting ever since. So i went over and picked it up and am about to give it a good cleaning and check up.
1515891643445426791055.jpg

The first thing to figure out is where it would be held. I would be happy to have it at my house but it might be out of the way for the majority of those that would want to come. Any body have any suggestions.
Sims BBQ on Geyer Springs would be a good place ... or Sir Loins in NLR!

Sir Loin's Inn brings back very pleasant memories from the early eighties. I was a farmer then, and we were all treated to a meal by Monsanto. That was the first time I'd ever had steak and lobster tail. I've been spoiled ever since!

As we work on our meeting idea, we need to keep in mind that we will need to have space to listen to each other's gear, sit and chat, trade, and generally browse whatever stuff is brought to the meeting. I'd love to have it at my house, but it's simply too small to host a meeting. We need a single room, shop, or somewhere that can accomodate our activities.

I can't offer the space, but I can certainly bring some gear - and I'm a darn good cook, if I say so myself. ;) Maybe a cookout, too?

GeeDeeEmm

Well I have a 20x30 living room/kitchen dinning room that can be arranged in any way to suit our needs, a 30x30 shop if needed, and a 22x22 garage. Plus plenty of grills for cooking and 3 acres for plenty of parking :D.

I also have a large living room and even larger kitchen area with my new sound space ajoining that. Plenty of parking and will cook for all that want to show if we go that route. I'm about 10 minutes out of Russellville

Hello guys! I guess I missed this thread since I don't browse this sub forum much.

I'm located in Edgemont, just over the bridge on Greers Ferry lake about an hour north of Conway.

I think that an annual gathering of the local members is a great idea! I wish I had the room to host it, but unfortunately that's not a possibility. Hopefully this will become a reality since I am looking forward to it.

I was wondering the same thing, but to far of a drive for me to check them out. I hope that an AK member will take a look and report back to us.
I'm in the area but based on the photo it looks like the back would need to come off. I might send the party a text and ask if the front grill is removable. If so they could send me a pic so I could get an idea of what's underneath the hood. There's also a set of ADS 810's on the Fayetteville CL but not a good enough price for me to go look at them.

Back
Top Bottom