What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

P-bear wanted to Listen to Tom Petty's greatest again and I realized that it was one of the first CD's I ever had. not the very first that was Electric Ladyland but an early one for sure.
I also think its funny he added two songs from the Wildflowers session. he felt they were greatest hits and and no one even heard em yet. They asked Kim Basinger to be in the video mary Janes last dance because Tom said "She's got to look really good, or why would he keep her around after she's dead?" I thought, Kim Basinger would be good. I'd probably keep her for a day or two, let's go see if she would do it." You can make a joke about it, but you have to act a bit to be dead. It's not easy."
View attachment 1088234

Wife's favorite Petty track.

P-bear wanted to Listen to Tom Petty's greatest again and I realized that it was one of the first CD's I ever had. not the very first that was Electric Ladyland but an early one for sure.
I also think its funny he added two songs from the Wildflowers session. he felt they were greatest hits and and no one even heard em yet. They asked Kim Basinger to be in the video mary Janes last dance because Tom said "She's got to look really good, or why would he keep her around after she's dead?" I thought, Kim Basinger would be good. I'd probably keep her for a day or two, let's go see if she would do it." You can make a joke about it, but you have to act a bit to be dead. It's not easy."
View attachment 1088234
The guy who played Bernie in "Weekend At Bernie's" should have won an Oscar.
Weekend_At_Bernies_2.jpg

Last edited:
Does it still give you nightmares, P-man? It's definitely in the running for the worst movie ever made. Btw, the crew of MST3000 had a field day with this piece of fertilizer. However, the soundtrack by Pink Floyd was pretty decent. Only kidding.

The only thing I have nightmares about is waking up and finding you wack jobs have posted so much that there's another 20 pages to sift thru. LOL

In less than 24 hours, I've listened to the 9 Beethoven symphonies, in order, twice. One thing is clear. Those that have been unfamiliar are not lacking in any way. The 8th, which I already knew far better than I realized, will now slot onto place with my favourites. I'll need to hear 1, 2 and 4 a few more times.

So, I come to the final symphony. I'm sure I've bored readers of the thread before with my thoughts about this, my favourite piece of music. It is my ultimate desert island disk, the recording I could not imagine being without.

Beethoven's 9th Symphony in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"

Karajan/Berlin Phil

IMG_9445.JPG

In less than 24 hours, I've listened to the 9 Beethoven symphonies, in order, twice. One thing is clear. Those that have been unfamiliar are not lacking in any way. The 8th, which I already knew far better than I realized, will now slot onto place with my favourites. I'll need to hear 1, 2 and 4 a few more times.

So, I come to the final symphony. I'm sure I've bored readers of the thread before with my thoughts about this, my favourite piece of music. It is my ultimate desert island disk, the recording I could not imagine being without.

Beethoven's 9th Symphony in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"

Karajan/Berlin Phil

View attachment 1088246

Not boring me!

Excellent time spent!

The 8th will stay in your mind.

Now that you mention, I’m gonna’ need to pull out one of my 9’s later.

Back
Top Bottom