JBL re-introducing the L-100

Okay...this has been beaten to death, and I joined in on the fun as well. LOL! Move one....nothing else to see here. Time to bash some other new product.

If they sound like some of the newer JBL offerings, I’d be thrilled. I’ll head to the Harmon store in midtown when they show up and give them a listen.

Okay...this has been beaten to death, and I joined in on the fun as well. LOL! Move one....nothing else to see here. Time to bash some other new product.

An updated version of the Pioneer HPM 100 or Bose 901 would be perfect :beerchug:

Move one? Why? Is there something under it? Is this where my missing truffle is? Do you think someone would actually set a speaker on a poor pigs prized truffle? You know I think they would! Bastards! Would you mind holding that speaker up a few inches for me?

Regards
Mister Pig

What's up with the tweeter? What's it gonna be?

index.php

index.php

At least they picked the engineer of the L100t3 to design it. Could be worthy of an A/B to my 2 pair. The T3 crossover is what makes them so good. Hopefully Chris Hagen put a significant portion of the budget there.

If I were to sell my (4) L100t3's to fund a new pair of Classics, I would have enough for about 1/2 of 1 speaker.

I saw your pic on Sterophile...here's another. They look like a cheap, mass produced box to me. I think they're being made in China.

image_preview2

I find this statement very offensive. I have 3 sets of JBLs that are made in China, and they are very high quality and sound better then many of my vintage speakers. I have the Studio 230, Studio 530 and the Studio 580 speakers. Very fine machines (no walnut cabinets).

While I may have certain political reservations about China made products taking over everyone's job, their quality, if that is what the manufacturer is desiring is world class. I'm not talking about cracker Jack prizes here but products like my new Samson S8 note that likely was largely produced in over there. To say that production in China is all junk is very short sided. Same with Mexico, and a host of other emerging countries.

JBL mostly shut down USA manufacturing years ago, a sad fact but probably one that saved itself from a complete shutdown in the face of a slew of new speaker mfg's who has come up the ranks in the last few decades. Personally as a JBL fanboy i am just glad that they are still in business and further I think this new L100 will be a great way to reconnect with it's legacy past. I suspect the price will fall some but not by more than 30% or so.

Never been so inclined in buying a '' re- introduced '' model. ( the '' word '' stinks anyway )
I'm a vintage guy. I'm old.
And I'm broke.

"LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HARMAN International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd."

This is the part that is the problem for me. If they are going to be manufactured in the USA, then $4k is probably an OK price. If they are going to be made in China, or elsewhere in the Far East, it smacks of just jacking the price up because of the JBL name. Because you know, they could make these in China for less than $500.

Lee.
Absolutely. Chinese labor is a tiny fraction of ours, and manufacturing tolerances are looser (IMO). There are so many companies slapping big, old names on inferior products. They sell well. Our Toyota has a JBL sound system in it and it sounds no better than the POS in my 2006 Saturn Vue.

I find it interesting that JBL is connecting with its legacy models after Harman International was purchased by Samsung.

I find it interesting that JBL is connecting with its legacy models after Harman International was purchased by Samsung.

It is quite possible that someone at Samsung is a JBL fan....and/or cutting R&D on new models was a move to make the JBL look more profitable before the sale.

It is quite possible that someone at Samsung is a JBL fan....and/or cutting R&D on new models was a move to make the JBL look more profitable before the sale.

Either way, it's a lot better than my worst fears of really cheap plastic loudspeakers sporting JBL badges.

Back
Top Bottom