Cool New Forum!

Yeeee Friggin haaaawwww JBL is FINALLY gettin some 'spect round here ! :thumbsup:
Listening to some COC on my LX-22 as I type this... :rockon:

:cool:

Bret P.

Listening to a pair of L-100's as I type.

Bottle feeding them Blues from a pair of mono Eico HF-14's.

Barney

My 4311b's were the very 1st thing I bought on credit.
My mom had to co-sighn for them and my dad thought I was nuts!
Well, I still own them and they are still my favorite rock and roll speaker!
I have used JBL's D-120F and D120E in my guitar amps and various JBL speakers for live FOH and stage monitors.
Huge fan of JBL!
Cheers
PQ

That's outstanding! It's a jbl forum for the rest of us!

Now a discussion about jbl can occur on AK without the haters and bashers parroting each other. .

That's outstanding! It's a jbl forum for the rest of us!

Now a discussion about jbl can occur on AK without the haters and bashers parroting each other. .

I have no experience with JBL, but always understood them to be well regarded. I didn't know they were controversial, except maybe in the "East Coast vs West Coast" sound? What is it the bashers and haters criticise?

I have no experience with JBL, but always understood them to be well regarded. I didn't know they were controversial, except maybe in the "East Coast vs West Coast" sound? What is it the bashers and haters criticise?
Usually price, sound quality, whether it is deserving of its reputation, etc.

I think it occured here only because they didn't have a forum if its own, and all discussion had to go in the speakers forum.

Haters was obviously too strong a word at least for the most part, but it would be a little like there not being a McIntosh forum and all discussion about that product line had to be in either the solid state or tubes or speakers general forums, there would always be those taking potshots at their price, or perceived value or whatever.

My point I guess is that JBL having its own forum will tend to keep those who have no interest in them out or at least not knocking them just because. Of course anyone can still make a thread about JBL in the speakers thread, or general audio discussion if they want an open discussion from every perspective and anyone with an opinion based on anything can join in and take aim.

Take Klipsch, that speaker enjoys a pretty loyal following, but also has plenty of naysayers. If it didn't have its own forum, it would change the nature of the threads at lt least to a degree.

I think, considering the popularity of JBL, that it deserves its own place here.

The sound. They made some very bad sounding speakers. And some very good sounding ones. Schizo company.

Back
Top Bottom