Pas3 voltages using tubes4hifi zmod boards

dmag

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Some years back I rebuilt my pas using the above boards. I had already installed a sds cap board, so that remained. A recent thread said the first cap should not be the 47uf the board came with so that will be changed. It seems to wear the phono stage tubes 12ax7's, one side faster than the other, but I havent ever documented it so it may just be me. The line stage uses 12au7.The other day I wanted to check voltages, but havent any numbers to go by.
Does anyone out there have info that they can share? The boards are v. z15
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Even though tubes4hifi have passed on the PAS mods to someone else now, they should be able to give you the info about their old boards. Send an email to find out. They are very good at getting back to you.

An email has been sent to tubes4hifi. As I recall, they had been getting away from free support awhile back, and chose to charge.

Hi,

we are the PAS upgrade kit seller these days. Please 'pm' me, and we'll sort this out for you.
BTW, we NEVER charge for support or advise :eek:

Holger

Last edited:
Thanks for your help so far Holger. These are my voltages. Maybe someone has these zmod boards and can take some measurements. A pita, I know.

Attachments

• PAS3.jpg
    PAS3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 18
If you are using the SDS cap board, which was meant to supply the original PC5/6 boards, then you may be exceeding the capabilities of the power supply with the zmod boards which draw considerably more current. Particularly the 12AU7's in the line stage.

If you are using the SDS cap board, which was meant to supply the original PC5/6 boards, then you may be exceeding the capabilities of the power supply with the zmod boards which draw considerably more current. Particularly the 12AU7's in the line stage.

that is the reason we redesigned the Z-PC5, which is now using 12AX7. We have also updated the phono preamp Z-PC6, a completely new circuit with a vastly improved RIAA circuit compared to the original Z-MOD PC6. To differentiate between the older and newer improved designs, we have named the improved circuits Z-PC5 and Z-PC6, instead of Z-MOD PC5 and Z-MOD PC6.

For general information, since we took over the PAS upgrade kit business from Tubes4Hifi in 2015, we have steadily improved upon many of the circuits. Apart from the above mentioned Z-PC5 & Z-PC6, we also carried out a redesign and update of the regulated power supplies and some tweaks/improvements on the remaining circuits.
We also added new generation PAS preamp kits, just like the original Dynaco PAS kits, only more modern of course, as well as complete new generation SCA integrated amp kits.
Our new generation PAS preamp kits have been very popular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom