Show your headphone amplifier

laptop with headphone amp.jpg

Christmas Eve dinner is done, everybody's settling in for the night. This is a Chinese amp I bought maybe eight years ago - it was the second amp I acquired, after one of those Altoids tin jobs. I've long since bought better, but this was how I started to figure out headphones. Not shown: RaspberryPi 3 running PiCorePlayer into a Music Streamer II. Listening to the Christmas channel on ClassicalRadio on AKG K702s.

s.

I bought one of those a few years ago to experiment with tube substitution (a "satisfy myself type of experiment"). I've had a ton of fun with the amp - driving speakers and headphones. Not really suited for IEMs, it's a great amp for Sennheisers and Beyers. It's probably one of the best little general purpose amps for the money. Of course, that's just my opinion, but if it blew up tomorrow, I'd order another one.

Cheers

Aside from the tubes, is your amp still stock?

Yes, already rolled a NOS telefunken in place of the newly made genalex gold lion. I have some Russian ‘cobras’ on the way from the Ukraine for power tubes too!!!

:music:

Audio-GD R2R 11 (Ladder DAC/Headphone Amp)

index.php

Sounds amazing through all my cans!

this is actually a big chunk of the office stack - Senn 598s, Sony disc player, Minix Kodi box and Arcam irDAC-II - USB/coax/optical DAC and headphone amp. I have a receiver in the room so I'm using the fixed level outs on the DAC, but if I get around to yanking it in favor of a small amp, it'll also be the preamp.

Though, now that I know how cheap they can be on ebay, I'm thinking of getting a Centrance miniDAC px and putting everything into the one chassis.

The picture to the left, show,s my 2505- C-34 and 206. All of which are used in one way or another to drive headphones. The 2505 drives the Signet electro-static headphones. The C-34 monitor amp drives one set of Stax electret headphones. The C-34 and 2505 drive dynamic headphones via the front panel headphone jacks. The 206 drives a lambda Stax headphone with 2 channels. The other 4 channels drive remote speaker pairs. The two 207's tri amp the front speakers - bi amp the center and rear speakers and drive the side speakers.

Back
Top Bottom