Aargh...frick!!!!

A flush cutter like on the left.

s-l400.jpg
Excellent pliers..You can cut so close with those. :D

i do that also if i cant find one littering the bench that is long enough . they come out of that pile of odd ones that need sorting out
Yep. I have a coffee can under the bench. Full of ammo taped grab bag purchase years ago.-- odd ball values like 6M8 Ω and the like.

Last edited:
Nope. Another order from Mouser for one flippin' resistor. I prefer DigiKey but they do not carry this particular series of resistor.

Since shipping will be the biggest cost I'll probably order extra for other one-offs I have.

Which series is that? I've seen it before but I can't remember.

I always cut my leads off with the component installed to the board, just before soldering. If no board is used, the wrap the leads together, cut excess lead, then solder.

This was cut after soldering, not a pre trim. It was for g2 / g3 resistors soldered close to the tube socket terminals. I just snipped a little too deep and got into the main lead as well as taking off the intended tag end.

Was supposed to be part of another socket assembly like this one - where the snips got only the intended targets. It was 3 down, 1 to go and now you know the rest of the story. LOL.

This is for a 6EJ7 connected as a triode.

index.php

Attachments

• 20180115_061543.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
That is why when I buy parts, I always order 2-3 pieces more than I need to use.
For low cost parts like that I usually order by the 100 if its a common value. Odd values for specific tasks I usually get 10 but I may order less for more expensive items.

Trimming leads on resistors and cut off the whole damn thing on one of them. Zero possibility to reattach. Now more days behind and flipping big (relatively) cost for a $0.25 part because I had only the exact quantity on hand.

Aargh... (insert massive explosion of expletives)!!!!!!!

I'm only liking your post because I feel your pain having done similar.

Back
Top Bottom