The new X files

luxmaster

Saw the 1st episode earlier. I can tell you the X files magic is back.

Really well done. I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

They even kept the original intro to the series

Glad to see it back, albeit for only 6 episodes. I’ve always loved the cast, and it’s nice to see that they haven’t lost a step.

Not sure about the endless back to back monologues but I suppose that's one way to get the viewers caught up on a bunch of missed time as well as refresh our memories.

Watched the first episode after missing most of the post-Duchovney seasons, the second movie, and most of the most recent season.

Good lord, was it bad.

I felt like the writing, acting, and direction were conspiring against quality to the point that I wondered how it made it to air. Broken. Like, Star Wars Episode I-level broken. Like Star Wars Episode I if every character was given a monologue voiceover in lieu of exposition and the cuts came every 3 seconds broken.

I thought episode 1 was rehashing topics that had been around for a long time but episode 2 was good stuff. I would say the writers are sorry the ever killed off the boys from The Smoking Gun. They showed up last season and now again this year.

Writing is much better and plot by the end seems to have logic for the most part.

A bit confusing as some of the good guys seem to have gone over to the other side...but maybe not? Time will tell.

Q

Last edited:
Seems good so far, altho I think I missed the first ep (from the sound of Winters860 review, maybe that's a good thing). They'd better wrap the series up right this time, as Gillian Anderson has said this is it for her.

Glad to hear it's better than the last go-round. I've really held off in trepidation but... the trailers for this season looked really good.

Re: Lone Gunmen, could have been an epic follow-up to X-Files and really surprised it wasn't better handled and developed more. Wait, what? It was on FOX?

0mw1I8e.gif

Loved tonight's episode about Reggie Something and for me the reason I have liked this series. Tonight's episode was campy as all get out but next week's show is a serious episode. This series did this all the time,you never what you were gonna get from week to week.
Also loved seeing Stuart Margolin as Dr. Thay,in all honesty i thought he had past. Used to love him in The Rockford Files as Angel.

Still showing promise. Maulder/Mulder...whatever? Is starting to show his age...and admitting it. Reality sets in. A good sign.

Still not surreal at this point who the good guys are, as some seemed (key word, "seemed") to have switched sides...and the smoking man being the real father of:rolleyes:...well, let's not go there. Supper's not on the table.

Q

Last edited:
My heroes!

Lonegun.jpg

This show was a ~decade early. Now steeped in Snowden, Assange, the Cloud, Google, Facebook, & the NSA, this would have been an epic fit for the times. 'tis a shame.

If it was brought back I'd accept any premise that they did not die, Langly's upload was just that & not all that remained of him, and enthusiastically watch.

I have not been able to get past episode 1. It's plodding and disjointed like trying to walk through a vat of syrup while someone is flashing strobe lights in your eyes. Hopefully the second episode will be better.

Can't really say that was much worth phoning home about either ...

et_phone_home_by_brandtk-d65asj0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom