2018 AXPONA: April 13-15, Schaumburg IL

Wildcat

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Admin
Subscriber
It's that time again! Tickets for AXPONA 2018 have gone on sale this week.

April 13-15, 2018

The Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
1551 N. Thoreau Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Tickets are: 1 Day - $23 // 2 Day - $33 // 3 Day - $45 // 3 Day Gold Pass* - $98 // Industry 3 Day** - $50

Room rates at the Renaissance (a Marriott hotel):

AXPONA Rate: $164.00 per night plus tax
AXPONA Rate is available 4/11/18 through 4/15/18

Reserve by calling: 847-303-4100
Dont forget to mention AXPONA 2018!
Reserve Online: https://aws.passkey.com/go/AXPONA2018

For out of town attendees, there is a Staybridge Suites across the freeway (walkable...0.3 miles, as the crow flies) that is $99/night (after AAA discount) for a king room with free breakfast. There are others within one or two miles with similar rates, or slightly cheaper. Parking is complimentary at the Renaissance, so there are none of the hassles we had last year with the Westin lot (or parking across the street in a garage).

I will likely be going all three days. Anyone else thinking about going?

* Gold pass includes collector’s Badge, official AXPONA T-shirt, access to the AXPONA Gold Lounge with VIP check-in, coat check, refreshments and WiFi, and an exclusive reception for Gold pass holders on Saturday, April 14 from 6:00 – 7:00 PM with special guests.

** The Industry Pass is open to members of the consumer audio industry including retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. The Industry Pass includes a three day pass to attend AXPONA, a badge with your name and company listed, and access to the welcome reception Thursday, April 12.​

Last edited:
I ll definitely be there. An inexpensive way to support a dying industry, seeing what is new out there (and laughing at the insane prices) as well as seeing many old friends... :)

Any members from SE Wisconsin plan on going. Depending on the day, maybe carpool? I've never been to one, curiosity is building.

Got a 3 day pass myself, but I'm hard pressed to stay past lunch on Sunday. By that point I'm fed up with the crowds and loud music. I'll be in town Thursday, having dinner with one of my local pals before we meet up Friday (with a couple of his co-workers) as we've been doing the past couple of years.

Got an idea for a t-shirt but I might get thrown out of the show...

I missed this thread previously... I'll be there all three days! Looking forward to meeting up with some other Akers if anybody is up for it. Perhaps a (group?) dinner on Saturday night?

I missed this thread previously... I'll be there all three days! Looking forward to meeting up with some other Akers if anybody is up for it. Perhaps a (group?) dinner on Saturday night?
Saturday works great for me. There is a major mall just a block south of the SpringHill, so there are all sorts of restaurants around this area. (I call dibs on the Weber Grill Restaurant, but it's a bit pricey. There is a Giordano's a few buildings over as well.)

Morton's Steakhouse has my vote - and it's right next to the hotel! :D

Bimp.

Will be attending Friday and Saturday day . Road trip to Chicago for a nite of Blues and a snack at the Weber Grill
Cool, there's a Weber Grill about a mile or so from the convention center. And will you be attending the blues night at AXPONA, or going downtown? They just announced the lineup in the past week.

upload_2018-2-13_20-26-10.png

Not my cuppa tea, but I might peek my head in for a few minutes.

February "bump" ... anybody else thinking about it?

Bimp.

Cool, there's a Weber Grill about a mile or so from the convention center. And will you be attending the blues night at AXPONA, or going downtown? They just announced the lineup in the past week.

Not my cuppa tea, but I might peek my head in for a few minutes.

Why do I keep looking at this thread?

I hate crowds.

I hate crowds.
Crowds get on my nerves also, but generally the crush is earlier in the day, and it thins out later in the afternoon. Plus, there's the camaraderie of hangin' with us. DC said he's buying a round, as long as it's water. :cool:

@DC and I have rooms across the Interstate. AAA discount put it at $99 for me. Just sayin'. ;)

Actually at this moment, there seem to be plenty of rooms available around the convention center, two miles or less. The two directly across the freeway are booked (including the SpringHill I'm at), but everything else has rooms. The map markers below without prices are the hotels that are booked, and the convention center is the location north of I-90. Markers with prices still have rooms available. The cluster of hotels south of SR 58 and west of Meacham are about a 1.5 mile drive.

upload_2018-2-17_14-17-3.png

Come on down! (Or up, as the case may be.)

I stayed about 15 minutes away last year, and 20 minutes away the previous year. I drove in, though, so having wheels is not an issue here. Plus, I don't go only to AXPONA, so I don't really care where I stay at, as long as it's reasonably close to one of my destinations. Since I'm getting into town Thursday, I may have time for rekkid shopping Thursday afternoon or evening.

Because we're using this thread to give you a subtle nudge to attend this year? :D

I'm getting together some demo tunes on a USB stick to take with me. If only to keep "Hotel California" and "No Sanctuary Here" out of my head this year... ;)

Back
Top Bottom