What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I suspect you are right, although I think there will be a few new adherents, like yourself, who stick with it. I think the LP resurgence bubble is due to pop, which actually might be a good thing if it is associated with a drop in prices.

I can not speak for all. For me vinyl never stoped. A large part of what I listen to and post here I bought new.
Have kept it moved it and still use it. I have added to it with used vinyl through the years. Now it is nice to have a option when buying new releases on vinyl.
But if the vinyl bubble burst I would bet there are quite a few that will still move forward with it.

As far as price of new vinyl IMHO it has kept up the same pace as everything else. I was paying $5.49 in the 70's for a new release so now I pay 18 - 25 for the average record.

I for one will never get rid of my records. I never will put that much faith in downloading or streaming. Years ago I bought a ton of stuff on my now obsolete iPod Touch. Now I need my iPod to play all that music I paid for. Where as for my records tape or CD I can dig out and play anytime.

Back
Top Bottom