What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

excitable-boy-5612ecc893ae4.jpg

I can not speak for all. For me vinyl never stoped. A large part of what I listen to and post here I bought new.
Have kept it moved it and still use it. I have added to it with used vinyl through the years. Now it is nice to have a option when buying new releases on vinyl.
But if the vinyl bubble burst I would bet there are quite a few that will still move forward with it.

As far as price of new vinyl IMHO it has kept up the same pace as everything else. I was paying $5.49 in the 70's for a new release so now I pay 18 - 25 for the average record.

I for one will never get rid of my records. I never will put that much faith in downloading or streaming. Years ago I bought a ton of stuff on my now obsolete iPod Touch. Now I need my iPod to play all that music I paid for. Where as for my records tape or CD I can dig out and play anytime.

Nice!

I was away from Records for many years and it’s good to be back.

Still like my CD’s too, streaming to check out new stuff and various.

I am learning a lot from these guys and AK which helps a lot.

Also very happy with my rig now.

Hi Fi and Albums have always been a luxury, discretionary purchase. Kelly and I just went to a fairly large dinner party Saturday night in a very lovely home, and the "music system" was the owners cell phone, on the kitchen island. No one there seemed to mention or notice how absolutely terrible it sounded. This situation gave me the impression that if the masses don't hear what their missing they drift into ignorance being bliss. They have no idea what emotional impact a really good system can create.

Around Christmas time some friends had us over for dinner they played music though their TV from Charter. Yes TV not a sound bar not anything but TV speakers. I guess for background Christmas music it was fine but Oh well.

My wife and I have two parties a year one for Halloween and one for Christmas. I always get a kick when people see my Magenpans with music coming out of them they cant wrap their heads around a speaker that is 2 inches thick. Then days later some will ask how do you get your music to sound so good. It is like some strange Voodoo to them, Voodoo tiki magic!! (insert sinister laugh here).

Last edited:
Yea you're spot on with that, None of my other carts responded to "cart loading" which is why I got a decent preamp yamaha c50, nothing fancy, and the Pickering is the ONLY cart that you can actually tell the difference...
New Jico shows up manyana so the good stuff can go into semi-retirement and show up on game days.
I see all the new stuff out there (i can't afford) that's probably great, Who wouldn;t want a coral bodied Koetsu with a '72 Porsche 911 as a side?
It really is a great overall no hum, top to bottom cart... oh, and as with all great designs like 1960's flip-window VW busses and open top jeeps,
Classic archetecture and minimalist body design...
Can;t say enough for the XSV to be fair. I am happy to have got to enjoy it before the JBL's and Sennheisers make me deaf!

I love my Stantons and Pickering cartridges. The thing is how good are our ears. It would very from person to person. I know my right ear is not the same as my left due from stand with a drummer smashing cymbals on my right side for decades. So my point is you can spend 100grand for a turn table set up but the weak link will still be the most important one. Your ears.

I love my Stantons and Pickering cartridges. The thing is how good are our ears. It would very from person to person. I know my right ear is not the same as my left due from stand with a drummer smashing cymbals on my right side for decades. So my point is you can spend 100grand for a turn table set up but the weak link will still be the most important one. Your ears.
Succinctly put guitarlvr....

He’s making it hard for me to decide which way to go with my next purchase. Been leaning forward adding a 8mz stylus to my Grado Black or upgrading my OM 10, but now........:idea:
I've yet to try a Grado, but my experience with an older, lower end Ortofon was really good. It sounded great. I've had a number of TTs with different brands of carts. The difference is whether you enjoy the music or not. Good luck!

Nice!

I was away from Records for many years and it’s good to be back.

Still like my CD’s too, streaming to check out new stuff and various.

I am learning a lot from these guys and AK which helps a lot.

Also very happy with my rig now.

I do have to admit that I do like to be able to jump on my phone or youtube and check out new stuff before I buy it.
That has saved me some dough from buying things I don't care for.

Back
Top Bottom