2017-18 NCAA Basketball

Well, NCSU ran out of gas and into defense playing UVA last night.
Winning over 3 Top 25 teams is a hurdle for any school.

Tonight we have No. 5 Duke at No. 25 Miami.
This will be a great matchup and I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami win, especially with me yelling "Go to Hell Duke" :biggrin:

Tonight we have No. 5 Duke at No. 25 Miami.
This will be a great matchup and I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami win, especially with me yelling "Go to Hell Duke" :biggrin:
I was switching back and forth between this game and a really good UT-UConn women's game. I guess I didn't switch back early enough to see Duke's comeback I thought Miami was in pretty good position to win that one.

I was switching back and forth between this game and a really good UT-UConn women's game. I guess I didn't switch back early enough to see Duke's comeback I thought Miami was in pretty good position to win that one.

I know . . . too much great B-ball!
We were watching Duke/Miami and WVU/Kansas and my wife kept flipping over to UNC vs Wake Forest women's game.
UNC won in overtime :thumbsup:

Tar Heels face a surging Clemson tonight :rolleyes:

Roger

I know . . . too much great B-ball!
We were watching Duke/Miami and WVU/Kansas and my wife kept flipping over to UNC vs Wake Forest women's game.
UNC won in overtime :thumbsup:

Tar Heels face a surging Clemson tonight :rolleyes:

Roger

they had no problem with them. next up Ga Tech 2 pm today.

So Ken, if Texas beat TT, and TT beat WVU, that means Texas wins on Saturday in Morgantown. Right?

Sure, why not ;)

Admit I have been watching almost as much Big 12 as ACC. There is a lot of quality competition in that league :thumbsup:

Well, WVU beat the snot out of Texas. I listened to the game and it didn't seem to bad through a good part of the first half - second half was brutal.

Oh well, split the two games versus ranked teams this week.

Last I looked, KU was handling Baylor.

Well, WVU beat the snot out of Texas. I listened to the game and it didn't seem to bad through a good part of the first half - second half was brutal.

Oh well, split the two games versus ranked teams this week.

Last I looked, KU was handling Baylor.

Oops! We DVRed that game and watched the Tar Heels at a local tavern with friends. They caught the WVU/Texas score and suggested we forgo watching it :cool:

Oops! We DVRed that game and watched the Tar Heels at a local tavern with friends. They caught the WVU/Texas score and suggested we forgo watching it :cool:
It was probably interesting to see Bamba going against Kanate - other than that, I wouldn't bother.

Kansas was the best team over the last week with wins over WVU and a really good/great Baylor.

Nice work with the transitive property above, @abpeep.

UVa took its time beating Wake tonight while Duke signed the best HS ballplayer in the country. Please help me send some "take it easy and retire" vibes to Coach K.

WVU played some hurried/nervous ball last night and got whipped by TCU in a long, tedious game. TCU ain't bad, but WVU is definitely off its game. Beat them now while you have a chance.

I will be rooting for Kansas tonight while enjoying Trae Young's fluidity on OU. My UVa Cavaliers take on the Clemson Tigers at JPJ Arena tonight.

Kansas looked like it had OU's number all game long, but OU pulled it out.

I was relaxed and able to switch channels since UVa handled No. 18 Clemson easily. One thing UVa has this year is depth.

Kansas looked like it had OU's number all game long, but OU pulled it out.

I was relaxed and able to switch channels since UVa handled No. 18 Clemson easily. One thing UVa has this year is depth.

Another fun evening of basketball. My fingers are tired from flipping channel to channel :)

Clemson did OK in the first half, however, I don't think they scored 10 points in the entire second half. UVA defense is a unique beast to handle.

Sheesh, the Tar Heels fell to the Hokies on Monday. No excuses, the Hokies played hard and well.
And it was entertaining to watch Buzz Williams. He wore a black and pink vest as he sweated through the first half.
Second half he had a much needed wardrobe change into a burgundy shimmering shirt :yikes:
But he has lost a lot of weight and let his hair grow!

Roger

I've been sort of rooting for Northwestern to get another tournament invite to go with the ONE last year - their first in school history. Big mountain to make the cut now, as I figure at least 7 wins in 9 remaining games, and 3 of those against top 25 teams.

Great win against Minnesota at the Barn last night!

I've been sort of rooting for Northwestern to get another tournament invite to go with the ONE last year - their first in school history. Big mountain to make the cut now, as I figure at least 7 wins in 9 remaining games, and 3 of those against top 25 teams.

Great win against Minnesota at the Barn last night!

That is another tough conference: Ohio State, Purdue, MSU, and Michigan currently ahead in standings.
Well, good luck!
I didn't know the Gophers played in the "Barn" :D

I didn't know the Gophers played in the "Barn" :D

Your fun fact for the day!

http://www.gophersports.com/facilities/williams-arena.html

I'm amazed more players don't do a drastic tumble off the raised floor. Sucker sits two feet over the benches it does. Most of the coaches aren't spry enough to jump up and get in the official's faces - more like their knees ... <G>

PS - why a raised floor? Seems like it was a clever way to add seating to the arena. They were apparently able to fit a couple more rows in by adding them below floor level.

Also, a great way to look up cheerleaders skirts ... don't ask me how I know ... ;-}

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom