Listening chair/loveseat/couch - what are you rockin'?

That's a Luna chair and ottoman by Odd Knutsen. Super comfortable!

Thank you for the information and here is a bit I found on the internet.

Description
Originally designed by Odd Knutsen in the 1970's the Luna Chair is a great example of Scandinavian design. This particular chair appears to be a newer reissue under IMG Norway ( an Ekornes company) that was given the rights to manufacturer and distribute the classic design.

IMG_0342.JPG IMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPG
For many audio enthusiasts what they sit in for their listening pleasure is important and can vary with individual needs and priorities.

I have a rare autoimmune disorder that has a deterioration component both from a muscular and neurological perspective. And this year has been rough as things have worsened.

So I found myself needing to get a chair with overall better support and comfort.

I found something that I hope will bring many hours of listening pleasure and comfort.
These come up very rarely used but I found one.....I could never afford a new one.

Ekornes - a Norwegian company.

One of their lines.....Stressless was introduced in 1971, as the first recliner designed to meet your body’s need for movement and support when seated.

Most of their models come in small....medium and large sizes.
I'm not a big guy so this medium is perfect....like brand new....upgraded leather and I even dig the colour!
....not everyones choice I know :)

Click on pic for larger image -

Trying to get sound room ready to move into. So rocking on the couch in living room till thenIMG_0342.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
Well guys and gals she mightn't be the most imposing or impressive - or comfortable for that matter - listening chair of the lot but me ol-mum was at the thrift today for a 'sale day' and spotted this - I think 1950s - number marked down from $10.00 to $1.00...LOL
Now she sits opposite my towers..LOLView attachment 1069315
Any idea how old this thing might be? LOL

No idea, but I know one thing for sure - that is one cool place to park thy butt. Rock it!

Had a pair delivered not to long ago to the basement area I'm working on.

(pardon the remotes...I was consolidating)

index.php

Attachments

• 20171206_011243.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 341
What's left of our first big purchase as a couple- sofa and loveseat set for our first apartment 18 years ago. 300 for the pair and it gets used almost every day. Kids destroyed the sofa and she got nicer ones in the rooms downstairs but I will rock it as long as it let me.20180116_081907.jpg

Moved to a new place about a year ago and I splurged...

audio room chair.jpg

It's like a stressless but made by a co. in W. Germany (edit: himolla is the company name)

20170412_135023.jpg

Aaaaannnd here's my kid, in my chair, listening to my system, soaking up my good bourbon...some people's kids, aye?! :D

Last edited:
Nice!! ....certainly similarities in some of the styling to the Stressless isn't there?

Yes there is but there are 2 apparent differences:
1. It was a bit cheaper
2. Shorter wait time for delivery
The wait time for a new stressless ordered from a local retailer was approximately 3-4 months, I got my himolla ordered and delivered within 3 months from a different retailer. In my opinion the same build quality and I am pretty anal. :D Other than that the fit was the same as well as the recline action and the ottoman/footrest has two positions versus a fixed position. But I must say I didn't have access to all of the stressless options, only what was available through the retailer.

Now I gotta get some room treatments done, been spending too much time listening...if there is such a thing.

Last edited:
Yes there is but there are 2 apparent differences:
1. It was a bit cheaper
2. Shorter wait time for delivery
The wait time for a new stressless ordered from a local retailer was approximately 3-4 months, I got my himolla ordered and delivered within 3 months from a different retailer. In my opinion the same build quality and I am pretty anal. :D Other than that the fit was the same as well as the recline action and the ottoman/footrest has two positions versus a fixed position. But I must say I didn't have access to all of the stressless options, only what was available through the retailer.

Now I gotta get some room treatments done, been spending too much time listening...if there is such a thing.

Glad you like your chair!!

As I mentioned in my initial post there is NO way I could afford a new Stressless ....so I was pleased to find this on a local classified site.....like it was never sat in!

Yes different models must have differing options.....my foot stool for example just like the chair has a fluid adjustability to it. No fixed positions per se. Real nice for dialled in ergonomics.

Never too much listening time!! ;)

Glad you like your chair!!

As I mentioned in my initial post there is NO way I could afford a new Stressless ....so I was pleased to find this on a local classified site.....like it was never sat in!

Yes different models must have differing options.....my foot stool for example just like the chair has a fluid adjustability to it. No fixed positions per se. Real nice for dialled in ergonomics.

Never too much listening time!! ;)

Thank you, I do enjoy it and from what I read you like yours very much also, as well as everyone who has posted to this thread they are ALL nice. I certainly paid way more than I wanted or could really afford at the time but I figure time is limited. I've tried many different chairs all of which started out nice but spend more than an hour in them and they became uncomfortable. Kinda kills the fun to listening.

I sincerely hope your chair gives you the support you need for your condition so you can enjoy many hours of listening pleasure.

Thank you, I do enjoy it and from what I read you like yours very much also, as well as everyone who has posted to this thread they are ALL nice. I certainly paid way more than I wanted or could really afford at the time but I figure time is limited. I've tried many different chairs all of which started out nice but spend more than an hour in them and they became uncomfortable. Kinda kills the fun to listening.

I sincerely hope your chair gives you the support you need for your condition so you can enjoy many hours of listening pleasure.

Thanks very much.....you are exactly right....a chair can seem good for a brief sit but then after a bit more time unfortunately not remain so.

That happened with a couple I tried.....seems though the search is over for me now :)

If I may who is that in your avatar?

If I may who is that in your avatar?

That would be "Norton". He's my little 75 lb. shadow, follows me everywhere, in my woodshop, at work and my favorite liquor store. He's a German shepard - black lab - border collie mix. Daddy is a 125 lb. sheppard and mama is the other two. He's a mutt...a lovable mutt. If you look closely you'll see wood shavings on his head, he was laying under my workbench while I was routering some oak.

My other dog is a red - white Irish Setter, her name is "Trixie". :biggrin:

That would be "Norton". He's my little 75 lb. shadow, follows me everywhere, in my woodshop, at work and my favorite liquor store. He's a German shepard - black lab - border collie mix. Daddy is a 125 lb. sheppard and mama is the other two. He's a mutt...a lovable mutt. If you look closely you'll see wood shavings on his head, he was laying under my workbench while I was routering some oak.

My other dog is a red - white Irish Setter, her name is "Trixie". :biggrin:

Nice!!! ....good to have "furry family" members around isn't it?

I just upgraded my seating this week. Ha.
I sat in 20 or more, including a Stressless. This was the most comfortable. Electric recliners too.

yKC1rlS.jpg

Vu8lRZL.jpg
That's what kills me about setups of this sort. Excellent room, great decor, superb system (acoustic absorption/shelving/B&W's on stands :thumbsup:), and the one thing that simply takes it all over the top: A killer view. Joshvito, I've read some of your posts regarding the gradual setup of this space and will state you did and astounding job. Given this photo was taken during what appears to be dusk on a winter day, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts when the time comes to enjoy some music you don't hesitate to kick back in the sweet spot on the couch, relax your feet on an apparently ridiculously comfortable rug, and simply drift away. There's nothing wrong with a picture/art work or even a wall in one's line of sight, but there's simply something magical about being able to look outdoors while listening to music. The pine tree and icicles simply scream for a Christmas/holiday/winter-themed album to be played. And don't forget the hot chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom