Listening chair/loveseat/couch - what are you rockin'?

Mark B: You can probable guess the question I'm going to ask, but I'll ask anyway. Where'd you get the rug? You listening seat is nice, the position of the speakers is perfect, but as soon as one casts their eyes upon your space, they're immediately drawn to the rug. Assuming you have visitors in this space, I bet it serves as much as a conversation piece as it does floor covering.

Last edited:
Mark, I'd figuratliely kill to have a listening space that large and open. Without asking you to run for the tape measure, would you happen to remember the dimensions of the room? I'm visually guessing that your speakers are four feet away from both the side walls and "windowed" wall of the room. I honestly cannot image how good music must sound from the sweet spot on the couch. The first album that came to mind upon seeing your photo was Led Zeppelin III. John Bonham's drumming was made to fill a space of this sort.

Thanks D!
Lovely background to those chairs....what am I looking at?

That's actually just a Sears Silvertone console. I got it for it's MCM stylings. Pretty good physical shape, but if I ever wanted to use it, it would need some work. While the speakers appear to be a near match, they are actually Wharfedale W70's. I often have tube gear on top of the console, but it is blank because I have not put anything back after removing the Xmas decorations that had taken it's place until a couple weeks ago.

Mark B: You can probable guess that question I'm going to ask, but I'll ask anyway. Where'd you get the rug? You listening seat is nice, the position of the speakers is perfect, but as soon as one casts their eyes upon your space, they're immediately drawn to the rug. Assuming you have visitors in this space, I bet it serves as much as a conversation piece as it does floor covering.
Thanks KDAC. The rug is a chromium tanned Brazilian cowhide from cowhidesinternational.com.

Last edited:
Love the thread!! Great to see everybodys listening chair and systems! Here is mine.. lights on remote so I don't have to get up to turn the lights off:music:View attachment 1096730View attachment 1096731
Straight to the point: I bet someone couldn't drag you off of your chair and out of that listening space. Your setup screams "read a good book while listening to music." The accompanying ottoman makes it all the more relaxing.

Thanks 3kitty! and KDAC, thanks for that as well... I do find the room very relaxing and tough to leave. Especially since I'm 100% vinyl for that room :biggrin:

Im looking for a comfortable barrel chair with a back that is well below my shoulders so my ears are not blocked in back. No reflection of the back.

An older picture, but still in use - my blue chair was a chair (with matching hassock) my grandmother bought in DC many years ago (40s perhaps?),
later it moved to my folks indoor porch for many years, reupholstered a few times, and now its mine, with many memories of her and times we spent together.
Behind my chair to the right (your left) is a Kenmore "bullet" Vacuum cleaner I crafted into a reading lamp.
Emma's tan leather chair on the right is a recliner from "the Healthy Back Store" - We helped deliver it to one of our friends when she bought it,
and when she decided it didn't fit her condo (and scared her cat) She basically gave it to Emma ..

The Heath/Altecs will be at the opposite end of the room
where the JBL L212 "slabs" are in the 2nd picture.

PlantRoomBookshelves.jpg

JBL-L212_5738.jpg

Last edited:
An older picture, but still in use - my blue chair was a chair (with matching hassock) my grandmother bought in DC many years ago (40s perhaps?),
later it moved to my folks indoor porch for many years, reupholstered a few times, and now its mine, with many memories of her and times we spent together.
Behind my chair to the right (your left) is a Kenmore "bullet" Vacuum cleaner I crafted into a reading lamp.
Emma's tan leather chair on the right is a recliner from "the Healthy Back Store" - We helped deliver it to one of our friends when she bought it,
and when she decided it didn't fit her condo (and scared her cat) She basically gave it to Emma ..

The Heath/Altecs will be at the opposite end of the room.

View attachment 1097534

Nice.....cool repurposing of the vac too!!!

That's what kills me about setups of this sort. Excellent room, great decor, superb system (acoustic absorption/shelving/B&W's on stands :thumbsup:), and the one thing that simply takes it all over the top: A killer view. Joshvito, I've read some of your posts regarding the gradual setup of this space and will state you did and astounding job. Given this photo was taken during what appears to be dusk on a winter day, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts when the time comes to enjoy some music you don't hesitate to kick back in the sweet spot on the couch, relax your feet on an apparently ridiculously comfortable rug, and simply drift away. There's nothing wrong with a picture/art work or even a wall in one's line of sight, but there's simply something magical about being able to look outdoors while listening to music. The pine tree and icicles simply scream for a Christmas/holiday/winter-themed album to be played. And don't forget the hot chocolate.

It's a great place to let all stress go. It's's a second story view too, pretty great. I keep forgetting to grab my binoculars from the basement and stash them in the couch for extra entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom