What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

No worries. I'm on kind of a short fuse lately. Probably not a good time to be posting in the "pet peeves" thread. I'm sorry too.

I think it's great to see you and Shom, acting like adults, and publicly sharing each other's POV with apologies to boot. :thumbsup: So many tend to carry on with a verbal feud, whereas they should be going to "message" to settle their differences.

This is what makes AK great and stands above some of the other sites!

Q

Last edited:
Bizzarre answers from eBay sellers.

My message:

How is the sound quality? Can u hear any pops and clicks?
Thanks

Hello
this copy looks great thank you!

Last edited:
Ordered a sonic tooth cleaner from amazon.Lovely looking product,instructions might as well be on microfilm! Now I have to find a magnifying glass.Why cant they make the lettering bigger for gods sake.

Going back a couple pages, you guys hear about that lady in CA who returned her dead Christmas tree on Jan. 4th to Costco, and actually got a refund? That's the other side of the returns coin. Bugs me that they give out refunds when they're clearly not justified.

This morning at the grocery store saw this dude(dud), pick up with bare hands some individual buns, then throw them back into the bin. Was gonna confront but the OS was with me...she hates public confrontation. Me? I don't mind. Getting more "squeaky wheel" as time goes on...I guess? Maybe more of us has to do this?

Q

Last edited:
Was gonna confront but the OS was with me...she hates public confrontation. Me? I don't mind. Getting more "squeaky wheel" as time goes on...I guess? Maybe more of us has to do this?

Q

I usually do, and I never regret it unless the wife is with me.

That no matter how bad things get, some dumb ass always makes things worse and actually thinks he’s making things better.
How true! Doing that has become an entire industry. Its all over the internet and is the bread-and-butter of every mainstream media outlet. They are really good at it too. Sadly, that is far, far beyond being just a pet peeve.

Come to think of it though, I have a couple of people that I work with that seem to take great pleasure out of turning every screw they can just to see how difficult they can make things for everyone else. That’s really sick. It doesn’t improve their life at all. It just seems to them that it lowers the relative position of those around them. Now THERE is a pet peeve of mine, at the very least, too!

Drivers who park and encroach into an adjoining park by the distance of their wheels (front or back or side in a paralell or angle) thus making the park unusable for others.

In the USA our Rules of the Road state to proceed into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn. In heavy traffic sometimes only one or two cars will be able to turn once the yellow caution light comes on. Some people, when the light turns green, will not proceed into the intersection to wait to make their turn. Instead they wait at the line and sometimes, will not even attempt to turn, even when the yellow light comes on!!! And...no cars get through!!! Drives me nuts.

Listen, if you’re the first car in a turn lane, please pay attention and GO when the light turns green so more than 3 cars are able to turn before the light turns red again.
Thank you.

In the USA our Rules of the Road state to proceed into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn. In heavy traffic sometimes only one or two cars will be able to turn once the yellow caution light comes on. Some people, when the light turns green, will not proceed into the intersection to wait to make their turn. Instead they wait at the line and sometimes, will not even attempt to turn, even when the yellow light comes on!!! And...no cars get through!!! Drives me nuts.

Going out into the intersection in Phoenix, especially behind another car is taking huge risk because of the red light running being the norm.

I agree with the frustrations expressed above regarding traffic lights at intersections and turning lanes. However, there are many such circumstances when I am first in line when I intentionally wait for a few seconds to be certain that oncoming crossing traffic is actually going to stop. A long history of surviving riding motorcycles has conditioned me to be very wary of anything that is moving ahead of me, or could begin to move, when I approach a potential point of impact. Jumping a green light is a sure way to get killed if the last inattentive jackass tries to sneak through at the end of a yellow light.

There are two parallel roads near my home that are only about 500’ apart. They both intersect with a very busy 4-lane road. It is very common to see vehicles completely miss the first traffic light and blow through the first intersection and stop at the second light. If I am the first in line when the traffic light changes, I will wait until I am absolutely certain that both oncoming lanes are going to stop before I enter the intersection. There have been many grizzly wrecks where people get T-boned at that intersection. I have been honked at more than once when the light turned green. But I am alive to tell the story.

Considering all of the above, I have a real problem with people that take their good old time and dawdle while turning through a busy intersection. They have no thought or consideration for all of the other vehicles behind them waiting to make it through the same intersection. I have been known to say bad words when I get stuck waiting for another cycle because of some numbnuts that is oblivious of, or just doesn’t care about, the world around him.

All of the time.
Last-Minute-Merge.jpg

All of the time whether lack of foresight or jumping the line. Either way.
merge.jpg

... and then YOU'RE the jackass if you don't let them in. Let us not forget the ones who are willing to trade paint to this end.
JerksCuttingIn.png

If people C-O-U-L-D be sensible from both lanes, this is actually better because it could be an alternate merge, zipper lane. It is dysfunctional in the real world though.

-----------------------------------------

"Listen. Nowadays you have to think like a hero just to merely be a decent human being." -Barley Blair, The Russia House

OXtOLME.jpg

Last edited:
One of mine is from the movie Inception and how since then any time there is a thing in a thing (in a thing) it becomes "Thing-ception". Inception did not refer to dream in a dream in a dream; it was the implanting of an idea into a person's subconscious to induce character change.

HA! Love the responses. The Nazi-like cameras I understand but the rules of the road are as such. If you are the first/next car to proceed into the intersection - by-goodness- get yer butt out there and prepare to turn left!! If heavy traffic exists...when the traffic clears (and the light changes from yellow to red) then it is legal to clear the intersection even after the light is red. SCREW the companies who manage the big-brother cameras.

Cheers!

Zeke

Back
Top Bottom