Jazz Fusion Playlist

Good call guys on the HTM/Oblivion Sun, it's great music, nice to show here. Another spin-off of these guys is the band "Pedal Giant Animals", again prog-fusion blend.

Believing the only album so far is titled Zeitgeist, my 3 fave trax are Chapter Seven, Mists of Babylon and Stumpy Shuffle. Whole album on youtube as a track by track playlist, some tunes are slow tempo.

Stumpy Shuffle is really cool, like a blend of Tom Scott with Gentle Giant, playing a fusion figure head.

here is a link for song Chapter Seven, a more ethereal, Mahavishnu realm piece stamped with prog-fusion. As it develops later there seems a DiMeola flavour incorporates & Titled so, as it's written in 7.

:beerchug: Cheers Fusioneers !

Last edited:
Had to also post the entertaining tune "Stumpy Shuffle" here. Gotta wonder who Stumpy is, or if not human, maybe a frog or toad, based on the visualized idea when listening !!! :idea: Tom Scott "Tom Cat" lp meets Gentle Giant sorta (huge fan of both), wow, whatta combo.

Again in 7, maybe Stumpy is a pirate walkin' with a peg-leg !!! Gait in signature 7 makes sense.

wthr%20rprt%20mr%20gn.jpg~original
wthr%20rprt%20mr%20gn%202.jpg~original

Weather Report / Mr. Gone
1978 ARC

Promo copy.

Good call guys on the HTM/Oblivion Sun, it's great music, nice to show here. Another spin-off of these guys is the band "Pedal Giant Animals", again prog-fusion blend.

Believing the only album so far is titled Zeitgeist, my 3 fave trax are Chapter Seven, Mists of Babylon and Stumpy Shuffle. Whole album on youtube as a track by track playlist, some tunes are slow tempo.

Stumpy Shuffle is really cool, like a blend of Tom Scott with Gentle Giant, playing a fusion figure head.

here is a link for song Chapter Seven, a more ethereal, Mahavishnu realm piece stamped with prog-fusion. As it develops later there seems a DiMeola flavour incorporates & Titled so, as it's written in 7.

:beerchug: Cheers Fusioneers !
This, to me, is kinda reminiscent of early-`70s King Crimson....good stuff !

I don`t even know how to categorize their music, but these guys blow me away....
their music comes on like a tidal wave....

Really enjoyed that piece, thank you for posting it.

First time hearing them for me, the band name kept floating around constantly for years & finally glad got to hear this. They must have a lot of super music.

Great stuff, arrangement & all; read up on them just now quickly, and they're quite an interesting collaborative, with great credits and educational backgrounds. Lotsa players revolve among them.

Yes, unique & captivating Fusion ! :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom