Spring for turn over push switch on F-2666 of AU-717

lbcgav

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Does anyone know where to find a replacement spring for the push switches in an AU-717. I'm referring to the springs that are mounted perpendicularly to the switches themselves that allow one button to move out when the other is pushed in. I bought a really dirty AU-710 that is missing one of these springs. I've tried a ball point pen spring, but it's just too strong.

The picture below shows where the springs are. I drew in red where the missing spring in my switch is.

sansui spring.JPG

Last edited:
I don't want to spend too much on this one so I was hoping someone knew of a direct replacement for the spring itself I saw a board on eBay but they want 35 plus shipping.

The spring I got turned out to be too strong. It ended up working only after I clipped it a bit shorter, but I could probably have done that with one from a pen.

Glad you found something that works. Mcmaster Carr is an amazing resource.

- Pete

Glad you found something that works. Mcmaster Carr is an amazing resource.

- Pete

It certainly is. Same day delivery is pretty cool for us here in SoCal. I think those little springs must be pretty specialized and difficult to find.

Just a quick follow up on this. The springs I got from McMaster worked to an extent, but were just too strong for this application. I was going through the pile of parts I replaced in this amp and saw the spring inside the relay. Now, this spring is the opposite type of spring that I need. It's a tension spring and I need a compression spring. I pulled on the two hooks of the tension spring and stretched it out, in effect creating a compression spring which had a much lighter force than the ones I tried from McMaster. I cut the spring to an appropriate length and put it inside my switch. The action is now much smoother and doesn't hang up like it did with the other spring. So, if you need a spring for one of these switches, just pull out the spring from an old relay, stretch it out, and cut it to length.

Back
Top Bottom