Vintage European Classic & Sports Cars, GTs

I have corrupted the thread starter's topic more than one time. Again, Archguy: Sorry... ;)

:beerchug:

Not at all--in fact you continue to educate me, for which I am genuinely grateful !!

And besides, my posting trigger finger was itching at the mention of Terry Gilliam's Brazil upthread.

BRAZIL-13.jpg

An absolute, sprawling masterpiece, and not a little disturbing too. 142-minute Director's Cut FTW!

Not at all--in fact you continue to educate me, for which I am genuinely grateful !!

And besides, my posting trigger finger was itching at the mention of Terry Gilliam's Brazil upthread.

BRAZIL-13.jpg

An absolute, sprawling masterpiece, and not a little disturbing too. 142-minute Director's Cut FTW!

It is a masterpiece. But consider this:

Brazil
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
The Fisher King
12 Monkeys

He directed those all in a row! At least 1 of those makes it onto any Top 10 film list I'd compile -

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000416/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Isdera CW311 by Rainer Buchmann, based on Mercedes. Actually nobody gets the permission to use the "Mercedes Star". But Mercedes-Benz was so excited by this study that in this one case they permitted it anyway. As far as I remember, Mercedes-Benz even considered to launch a production based on this totally breathtaking study. The object on the roof is the rear view mirror. The design is very much inspired by the Mercedes CW111. (1978)

"THE BOMB"

1q1.jpg

1q2.jpg

1q3.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh... the Artz Golf, built by Nordstadt. Günther Artz only costructed/sold two of them in the late seventies because they were so extremely expensive. Very impressive car. The first picture is from the car magazine "auto, motor & sport" and I had that copy when I was 16.

First time I saw it was in the US mag, VW & Porsche. As a VW & Porsche fans, it left an impression.

Back
Top Bottom