What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

As always- a huge one for me

2e23074609402777b5bdf027225943ad.jpg

I had this happen at an auto parts store recently from the cashier. The only time he looked up was when he took my money & returned the change. Now I am torked again.

Beware of truecars.com

I was shopping around for Honda CRV prices, decided what the heck, I'll checkout the services thru truecars.com, signed up, divulged the required contact info and within 5 minutes of surfing around the pricing, I get a call from a local Honda dealer.

Bad on me for not reading the fine print - did not think that my personal info would be blasted out to local dealers. Argh....

People's casual actions reveal a lot.

Don't like what you see in someone at first glance?
Don't worry, keep looking.
It gets worse.

I met a woman and became enamoured with her.
An absolutely brilliant woman with a sparkling personality.
God! She was smart, energetic and sexy!
And she liked me.

I went to visit her at her home one fine afternoon, several hours from my house.
I had known her for a year, but only saw her at work and away from home.

She was repotting plants in her backyard when I got there.
As I watched, she yanked one out of its pot, dumped the old, black rotted dirt into her trash can, and scooped brand new petrochemically enhanced dirt from a lime green and yellow plastic bag of brand new.....clean, dry, pristine petro-dirt, and stuck her plant into it.
I watched this for a while, bemused by the absurdity.

I attempted to point out that the old dirt was actually better than the new because it had decomposed somewhat, releasing nutrients, and at the very least she could just put that old dirty dirt in her flower beds around her house, and that that rotted material would improve the soil in her flowebeds.
She could put the old dirt right there, on the ground, where the dirt lives.
She was not buying it.
She spilled some on the grass, stopped work, swept it up with a broom and dust pan, and put it in the trash.

She did the dirt replacement thing over and over until her big old flip-top trash can was half-full of year-old dirt, thrown away to make room for brand new dirt, fresh from a dirt factory.
Dirt as trash.
Earth used up and thrown away.

I bit my tongue that day and gave her and the relationship the benefit of the doubt for a while longer.
I learned over time that.... well, you might venture a guess about how she treats people.

Watch what people do, and they will tell you about themselves via their casual actions.

People who live in the dark and then complain.

A lot of my neighbors have blinds on their windows (the kind that are out side and if used they block light completely, don't know the term) and they keep them pulled down all the time and almost never open the windows.

God gave us a sun to have light and warmth. Natural light is the most valuable thing to have in a home and these people aren't far from bricking up their windows. And then they complain: I can't get rid of the mould, my rooms are damp, the air in the house smells funny, I spent a lot of money on new lightbulbs, I had to buy a dehumidifier and so on.

People! Open your god damn windows! Let the FREE healty air and light get in. During recent renovations I spent a lot of money moving my bedroom from a dark room where you would need to keep the light on even in the middle of the day, to a south facing one. It feels great to have natural light from dawn to dusk and to be able to open the windows and breathe the fresh morning air

You are exactly right! There’s a good reason why natural light feels good. Combined with good air circulation, natural light is essential for helping to keep dampness at bay. The very toxic black mould that most often is the result can be deadly. It is also difficult to remedy and dry walls need to be cut out and replaced because they are porous, so washing it off is only temporary and if dried on mould is disturbed, it can send the spores airbourne!
Perhaps the people who keep their blinds closed are defensive against nosey people. I knew an old lady went through a long period of that.

People's casual actions reveal a lot.

Don't like what you see in someone at first glance?
Don't worry, keep looking.
It gets worse.

I met a woman and became enamoured with her.
An absolutely brilliant woman with a sparkling personality.
God! She was smart, energetic and sexy!
And she liked me.

I went to visit her at her home one fine afternoon, several hours from my house.
I had known her for a year, but only saw her at work and away from home.

She was repotting plants in her backyard when I got there.
As I watched, she yanked one out of its pot, dumped the old, black rotted dirt into her trash can, and scooped brand new petrochemically enhanced dirt from a lime green and yellow plastic bag of brand new.....clean, dry, pristine petro-dirt, and stuck her plant into it.
I watched this for a while, bemused by the absurdity.

I attempted to point out that the old dirt was actually better than the new because it had decomposed somewhat, releasing nutrients, and at the very least she could just put that old dirty dirt in her flower beds around her house, and that that rotted material would improve the soil in her flowebeds.
She could put the old dirt right there, on the ground, where the dirt lives.
She was not buying it.
She spilled some on the grass, stopped work, swept it up with a broom and dust pan, and put it in the trash.

She did the dirt replacement thing over and over until her big old flip-top trash can was half-full of year-old dirt, thrown away to make room for brand new dirt, fresh from a dirt factory.
Dirt as trash.
Earth used up and thrown away.

I bit my tongue that day and gave her and the relationship the benefit of the doubt for a while longer.
I learned over time that.... well, you might venture a guess about how she treats people.

Watch what people do, and they will tell you about themselves via their casual actions.

Was her job “human resources” by any chance? Oh, how I hate that job title! It reveals what the employer thinks of its staff. Not a person as “personnel manager” reveals, but a resource to be used. I suppose we’re lucky they acknowledge the fact that we are humans.

I was buying a protective mask for spray painting and wood dust. The first one I liked was £32 but the delivery charge was £15 because I live in the Scottish highlands. Their standard delivery charge otherwise, is £6. They start by saying their charge is for the mainland but I am on the mainland and our main roads are good. The next company wanted £18 but Screwfix charged £6 so they apparently, have better knowledge of the geographical locations of towns in Scotland or have satnavs that work. Charging three times the price for delivery to us is an excuse lots of companies use but not all. Screwfix isn’t any further away than the others. Screwfix got my custom.

Why is it, that on every lobster commercial, they show the person slamming a bite of lobster into the butter cup so hard that it splashes all the butter out (and if goes all over the table)? Like anybody does that, lol.

People that post pictures of themselves, their partner or their kids in restaurant reviews on Yelp. I don't care what your family looks like, I'm just looking at the pictures to see the food and the inside of the restaurant. A closeup of your kid is of no help what-so-ever.
I mostly quit reading the reviews and switched to just seeing what the food looked like sometime back because most people are insane and their opinions are often idiotic. And there are the fun long winded reviews that start with "me and Jim were driving through town and wanted something to eat..." Seriously? We need a story about the entire process of coming to the restaurant?

Going back a couple pages, you guys hear about that lady in CA who returned her dead Christmas tree on Jan. 4th to Costco, and actually got a refund? That's the other side of the returns coin. Bugs me that they give out refunds when they're clearly not justified.

l.l.bean had to recently change their return policy because after a century of it working just fine telling people that if they are ever dissatisfied with a product they can return it we ended up with too many jerks out there. People were buying worn out items second hand and calling and saying they wanted them replaced with new ones because they weren't happy. Or going with free boots for life just by complaining to them each time they finally wore out.
The "I deserve this" crowd finally out numbers the "I'm going to do what is right" group.

I had this happen at an auto parts store recently from the cashier. The only time he looked up was when he took my money & returned the change. Now I am torked again.

I had that happen at Home Depot. The guy at the register where I walked in was staring at his phone and barely glanced up. The employee in the back of the store was just standing there on their phone. I had to walk around another employee on my way up to the front of the store because they were looking down at their phone and the one manning the self checkout barely looked up from their phone as I left.

That would set me off! While I have had to force myself to live with the declining level of customer service that we all receive these days, being treated as an interruption to something more important is unacceptable. Allowing customer-facing employees to use their cell phones is a management problem. If management does not see the problem with that, I see the problem with them. The result is that they don’t get to see me or my business any longer.

On a related note, a similar situation that is more than just a pet peeve of mine is stores that allow long lines to build up at the checkout registers when there are other employees within eyesight that are not helping customers. I understand that every employee may not be trained to be a cashier but when I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to buy a few small items, perhaps management should be training more employees to step in to handle those long lines. If the management really cared, they themselves would step in to help. Lowes is one of the worst offenders so I go across the street to Home Depot before trying Lowes. I never receive that kind of dis-service when I shop at my locally owned ACE hardware so they get first chance at my business whenever I possibly can.

Light pollution. The fact that LED on street lamps is much more reasonable than the old technology is not a compelling reason to make the night brighter than the day. Oh my God, what a nonsense...

Light pollution. The fact that LED is much more reasonable than the old technology is not a compelling reason to make the night brighter than the day. Oh my God, what a nonsense...

I know, right? There's a new gas station around here that literally shines like a beacon into space. Remember how you used to be able to tell when a night football game was playing, because you could see the stadium lights for miles? That's how new gas stations look around here...

Back
Top Bottom