Got Praise for a Fellow AK Member? Post it here

It's way too many to list, but the entire jazz playlist gang deserves a mention. Best thread here, IMO, and I don't think a day goes by where I don't learn something or pickup a new(or new to me) suggestion.

A couple of standouts are @BillyBatts and @poppachubby.
Billy is one the nicest people here and is always up for shooting the breeze about jazz(or anything to be honest), and poppa got me out of a jazz rut about 4 years ago.
It was a good rut, but he gave me a slight nudge down a different path, introduced me to a bunch of other fans on some other sites, a whole different level of the music, and my jazz enjoyment has grown beyond words ever since.
That in turn indirectly led me to connect more with the likes Billy, KeninDC, BlindBoy, Mystic and @Starchild(another AK gem).

Wow, thanks kris!! It goes without saying that our connection goes beyond just music and this site. Billy has also become a close ally and somebody I highly appreciate. Love both of you guys!!!

Thanks Pops. My list mirrors yours except it includes @poppachubby
But like you, I have to say there are many more that I could mention. You and @KrisM are two of my dearest friends on here.

I can't imagine life now without this forum and especially "The Jazz Playlist Thread". My Jazz life BEFORE was lonely and narrow. Now it's just amazing.

Mahalo!

:beerchug:

This has been my home everyday for almost ten years now and I have met so many wonderful friends here too numerous too mention. The music threads one of the highlights for me brings so many of us together like one big party, such fine folks. AK has enriched my life with so much information and generosity along with the joy, the laughs and even tears.

This has been my home everyday for almost ten years now and I have met so many wonderful friends here too numerous too mention. The music threads one of the highlights for me brings so many of us together like one big party, such fine folks. AK has enriched my life with so much information and generosity along with the joy, the laughs and even tears.

Here Here!
No truer words have been spoken, CB!

Rome

Here Here!
No truer words have been spoken, CB!

Rome

:)

and my friend Don was one of my very first friends if not my first in '08 shortly after I joined. I was just reading your "George Duke / Billy Cobham thread from Nov. '08 just the other day as a matter of fact and I seriously considered bringing it back to life, maybe on Fusion Friday.

Cheers my friend! :thumbsup:

@mfrench

@guiller

Guillermo and Mike (and many others) make the Today's Classical Playlist a very very inspiring place. Thank you!

Okay then - I praised 35 wonderful members now - and that's all. Of course there are much more than 34 whom I and others appreciate. No offense is intended if I forgot to mention somebody who actually should also be mentioned in this thread.

Christoph

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom