What's your latest audio purchase?

Waiting for delivery of a Cullen Gold Series Power cord from Patrick Cullen. Should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Two of these tiny TPA 3118 mono blocks sitting on my bench awaiting final wiring. Hope to get around 30 watts from these $3 wonders.

TE740-E-10-5.jpg

Saw a garage sale ad with pair of DQ-10s, a pair of DQ-20s, a pair of B & O S75s, and this baby.
View attachment 1099246View attachment 1099249
I missed the $150 DQ-10s by a minute, but got the DQ-20s and the egg. One will need a new tweeter, but otherwise fine.

That chair is awesome. I remember as a kid the local library had a whole room full of these chairs. I recall they were very quiet when sitting in them - they really blocked ambient sounds.

I bought a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless speakers about a week ago and received them two days ago. They are the titanium with red cones. I am loving them, they are a pretty fair upgrade over the passive LS50s.

Denon DVD-2800 II for a disc AUDIO source in my vintage room Pioneer System. I'd nursed a Nak MB-2 along for about thirteen years and finally threw in the towel. $30.00 wasn't too bad especially for that build quality. Sounds mighty fine as well....

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the Channel Master Stream+ before it's release date so I'm not sure when I'll get it. It's a streamer, DVR, with multiple HD tuners with a free no subscription program guide. A Swiss Army knife that does it all for cable cutters. Think of it as a Tivo killer. Channel Master has dropped all their expensive DVR tuners in favor of the Stream+. It goes for the pre-intro price of $99 which will soon increase to $150.

04-channel-master-stream.jpg

Two of these tiny TPA 3118 mono blocks sitting on my bench awaiting final wiring. Hope to get around 30 watts from these $3 wonders.

I've got a couple of very similar things, based on the TDA8932, bought to replace the amp in some cheap active speakers. Powered by an old laptop supply, they sound remarkably good. Still awaiting me getting around to building a little PCB to add the crossover components, and a 5V PSU to power a Chromecast audio; the intention was to make little multicasting speakers...

I've also got a SANWU stereo module, based on the TDA7492, with a CSR bluetooth audio module, cost me £6.82 delivered. I recently hooked that up to a pair of Eltax Jupiter floorstanders I rescued from outside someone's house (I asked first...), and it drove them with no problem. Sadly, one of the Jupiters had a blown tweeter, so probably uneconomic to repair. I let a colleague borrow it, as he was looking to buy some streaming active speakers, and he decided to buy some cheap 2nd hand speakers, and one of the modules instead. Now he's fired up to start modifying it (since the CSR module is programmable). He's a very good integrator, so I'm hoping he'll sort out the foibles like power cycle pops, and loud BT tones, and maybe tweak the renderer. Then I'll copy what he's done...

Posted about this in the turntable forum but I picked up this BIC 40z turntable/ changer last week for $10:

20180130_195948.jpg

Surprisingly, it included the original 45 adapter and stacker. Thanks to the help of a couple of other AK'ers (and a few YouTube videos) I was able to disassemble, clean, oil, and reassemble, and it now works perfectly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom