Tell me what you Think!

Do you think 10 inches off the ground is plenty?
Add the 10: to the current height of the tweeter and if that puts the tweeters near ear height in sitting position, then yes. Usually around 10: on those are about right. Maybe a little more. Others may suggest you could go with about 8" on the front and 9" on the back and get a slight tilt/angle up which tends to look good with JBL's

I had a similar system to that. Only difference was a Technics SL1700 as a turntable. Really strong sounding system. I loved it and I really like you setup. Nice cabinet. Enjoy!

Had a little Marantz system a while back, 2265B, JBL 4311''s , Marantz 6300 TT, that was well over a 1300.00 back in the day (a lot of cabbage back then)

Last edited:
Do you think 10 inches off the ground is plenty?

It really depends on your height and seating position. You want to get the tweeters at ear level. I run my L36 Decades on 18" high stands. but I'm 6'4" and the chair in that room is taller than average.

Or, you can use shorter stands that angle the tweeter upward. Something like these:

bef1a0e58396ef9124cf079bcfdd6132.jpg

Or these:

6420564565_4027269627_b.jpg

Vintage audio is very new to me. I'm loving this new hobby. I visualized what I wanted in my head and went after it.

Marantz 2270
Jvc ql-f4
Jbl decade L26
I made the cabinet!

Great job on the cabinet.

Tell us more about the wall art. Did you make that, or purchase it?

Back
Top Bottom