Koss

I use mine every day. As a sealed headphone, they work great to block out noise when riding a noisy, chain-driven Airdyne exercise bike, letting me enjoy an episode of classic television while pedaling (Cannon, Columbo, Kojak, T. J. Hooker, etc.). They also sound great with music, working surprisingly well with the battery-driven Grado headphone amp I had purchased to use with some SR 125's, but I find I really prefer a sealed headphone.

I have my originals from the early 70's, but I really don't use them much any more. When I was an apartment dweller, back in the day, I used them daily and loved them. Now I have a camp, well away from neighbors, and 6 pairs of speakers in the house, so I just don't find the need to use them.

I had Pro 4's when they first came out. I always found them tight on the head and a bit "tubby" but at that time there really wasn't much choice. When the Sennheiser HD414's came out, I jumped ship.

Today's Koss offerings are quite a bit better, particularly in the lightweight portable headphone area. I love my Porta pros and KTXPro1's. They are my travel/walking headphones.

Still use them on my Mac. They were my go to headphones when I did nightclub DJ work in the late 1970's.

Had some Pro4AAAs years ago, don't know what happened to them. I'd like to get another set at some point. Great sound

Who uses Koss Pro4AA I love mine ues them on my phone and of course on my stereo
I have a pair, but I rarely use them. I bought them new in 1978. The pads are a bit hard.

I keep them around as valued antiques that can be used. They were amazing in their day. They don't have near the bass I need and get from the likes of the $17 beauties in my avatar. The new ones are much more comfortable. Kinda like comparing the seats in a new BMW to the seats on a buckboard.

I,ve had a pair for years. Always enjoyed them hooked up to my Pioneer,but for whatever reason they were put away and forgotten for quite a while. I just pulled them out of storage and had planned to replace the earpads and put them back to good use, but unfortunately it appears one of the speakers has died. Not sure why,but I may have to pick up a new set. Always enjoyed them when they were up and running though!

I,ve had a pair for years. Always enjoyed them hooked up to my Pioneer,but for whatever reason they were put away and forgotten for quite a while. I just pulled them out of storage and had planned to replace the earpads and put them back to good use, but unfortunately it appears one of the speakers has died. Not sure why,but I may have to pick up a new set. Always enjoyed them when they were up and running though!
You might want to check with Koss. They might be covered by their lifetime warranty. If they are, $9.00 will make 'em new again.

You might want to check with Koss. They might be covered by their lifetime warranty. If they are, $9.00 will make 'em new again.
I finally Emailed Koss and they told me to send them in for replacement. Shipped them out last week,so hopefully they show up in the next few weeks!

I think these were the first HPs I ever bought back in the 70s. I remember I liked them but could not wear then long because of the clamping force.

Back
Top Bottom