Listening chair/loveseat/couch - what are you rockin'?

An older picture, but still in use - my blue chair was a chair (with matching hassock) my grandmother bought in DC many years ago (40s perhaps?),
later it moved to my folks indoor porch for many years, reupholstered a few times, and now its mine, with many memories of her and times we spent together.
Behind my chair to the right (your left) is a Kenmore "bullet" Vacuum cleaner I crafted into a reading lamp.
Emma's tan leather chair on the right is a recliner from "the Healthy Back Store" - We helped deliver it to one of our friends when she bought it,
and when she decided it didn't fit her condo (and scared her cat) She basically gave it to Emma ..
View attachment 1097638

Heather, Those shelves around your sitting area look to be about the correct size for albums. What the heck are all those books doing there!

Ahh. Recently sent the Eames chair off to the HM hospital, so had to use the sofa. The 3" add'l 'sitting ear height' ruined the amazing imaging I had with the chair. Glad the chair is back again - it places my ears right at 077 height of the "L200"s....Perfect!
(And The Cat gets his sofa back again.)

IMG_20180115_084514625L200c cr.jpg _1020396 Eameses C SM.JPG _1020393 Eameses C SM.JPG _1020387 Eameses C SM.JPG

If you look carefully, you can see the whole lower shelf on the back wall is wall to wall records, Her stack starts on the left - mine is the bulk of it. But I have not bought music on vinyl for years (got a Disney "classic songs" album maybe 5 years back, but thats it). They are not easy to get to since, even with a Denon DP45F and Stanton 681EEE cart, I just don't play records anymore. Tho obviously, I did pull out the Oneness album last fall when I was considering going to see McLaughlin's "last tour" - passed on it.
And with over 2TB of lossless files on a server, ... well, music is so much more friendly that way, and still sounds real good. But who knows, once the Heather/Altec Valenias are sorted, maybe I'll play some vinyl again ...!

Records_5884.jpg

Well guys and gals she mightn't be the most imposing or impressive - or comfortable for that matter - listening chair of the lot but me ol-mum was at the thrift today for a 'sale day' and spotted this - I think 1950s - number marked down from $10.00 to $1.00...LOL
Now she sits opposite my towers..LOLView attachment 1069315
Any idea how old this thing might be? LOL
Kind of looks like Archy Bunkers chair .

Thank you for the welcome! Wanted to search for a welcome thread to say hello :)
This is the front but the turntables (Dual 601/701 v1) are in brown consoles now. And the changed seat of course.

The amplifier is a Yamaha CR-2020 and the speakers Heco Professional 650

hörzimmer04.jpg

hörzimmer02.jpg

hörzimmer01.jpg

Thank you for the welcome! Wanted to search for a welcome thread to say hello :)
This is the front but the turntables (Dual 601/701 v1) are in brown consoles now. And the changed seat of course.

The amplifier is a Yamaha CR-2020 and the speakers Heco Professional 650

View attachment 1102475

View attachment 1102469

View attachment 1102472
:bowdown:
Welcome to AK, skeal. Wild guess: It's probably difficult to locate you after work or on the weekends because you're simply lost in the music. Your space simply demands focused, solitary listening with minimal distraction. If I were in your shoes, my neighbors would have to file a missing person's report as they'd hardly ever see me.

Back
Top Bottom