What I learned on Craigslist

Tape deck: everything is working fine, only the "play" function doesn't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....... That's me literally laughing out loud!
You know serious cassette aficionados have separate tape decks dedicated to rewinding and fast-forwarding. Some even have decks dedicated to stopping and pausing.

You know serious cassette aficionados have separate tape decks dedicated to rewinding and fast-forwarding. Some even have decks dedicated to stopping and pausing.
That is kind of a play on the VHS tape rewinders that video store junkies used to own, to rewind tapes after watching. :D

There was never a market for DVD rewinders, sadly...

Yeah, the only complicated part is keeping the counters in sync from deck to deck, other than that a very efficient work flow.

Weird, I went to Ithaca CL yesterday just to see those speakers, searched for the keyword TEAK and found nothing. :dunno: Thanks for posting the link. Kinda nice if there were some good drivers in them.

00E0E_koARzJIFrjE_600x450.jpg

Apparently missing knobs, levers, gears, in fact, any missing components from audio equipment is no big deal because I can easily 3D print myself replacement parts. :bs:

Hmmm, if your speakers can't compete with a soundbar, I'm not sure I would want them.

Digital Research Tower Speakers
00a0a_7AselUC06PT_600x450.jpg

"Had them for years and finally switched over to a sound bar. One tower works perfectly. The other towers two bottom speakers only work when you pressed on. Picture makes them look gloss black but they actually are a deep reddish wood finish. Still sound great!"

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/ele/d/digital-research-tower/6453480170.html

not mine, no affiliation.

Ok, not Craigslist, but a local auction....... I literally laughed out loud when I saw it..."Solid State 14-Speed Blender"
It's an old Sears blender and actually does say "solid state" on it. I wonder if there's a forum out there some place for vacuum tube blenders???

This one is in full mechanical and electronic working order, with one significant issue: tracking problems. needs servicing- possibly tracking arm bearings replaced? will skip unless needle is weighed down.

A much more minor issue is that the tone are cradle has broken- but tone arm still rests on it.

So not in perfect working condition then.......muppet!

Yet more issues.......

No Dust cover. No bulb in popup light.

Technics SL1200 Mk2 Turntable,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/red-...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $390

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom