New fella

So.Vox

Hi gents,

My name is Andrew and I'm starting to get in to vintage audio. My father has a rather impressive system so he's been kind enough to donate a few components. I've since picked up a PL550, SAE 5000, RMS monitors, built my own speakers and finished my cabinet.

Current system:
Turntable: Pioneer PL550 w/ an AT13ea cart.

Receiver(s): Onkyo TX8050 / Harman Kardon

Amplifier: 200 watt Kenwood

Equalizer: Sound Shaper

RMS monitors (Highs and full range)

Monster Power 10 plug Power Conditioner

SEA 5000 Impulse Noise reducer

Theatre Solutions 4 way switch

DBX400x series box (so I can run my equalizer, impulse noise reducer, Pioneer PL550 and Amp in series or can opt to source one or several out of series).

Cabinet: Home made / cabinet grade pine

Speakers: Hand made / cabinet grade pine / 4 inch tweeters / 10 inch horns / 12 inch Pioneer bass speakers / Drivers = 3 way crossover 1000W RMS 8 Ohm 12 dB and Rectangle Terminal Cups

2222.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Andrew! Thank you for your nice introduction - awesome pictures!

(There is also an Introductions Forum ;) )

Welcome to AudioKarma! :)

Nice set up.

But I'm from Buffalo NY. Not much up here in terms of Vintage electronic shops....

You've got that right neighbor. I'm not affiliated with any of these, but the only places I'm aware of around Buffalo:
Speaker Shop - Main near Bailey - has some used gear that they take in on trade, but last time I was there not much of a selection.
The Vintage Audio Shop - Delaware Ave. Kenmore near the village Municipal Bldg. Repairs and some vintage items.
There was another place out in Orchard Park, can't remember the name, but I think they closed last year.
Some local record stores get items once in awhile, but again, not much of a selection.

If you know of any other places, I'd like to know.

Your cabinet looks fantastic, Andrew! Nice appearance, simple and functional. Good job.

And, yes, we must see pics of your speakers and a description of how you decided on the specific components. And a description of your crossover.

GeeDeeEmm

Back
Top Bottom