2017-18 NCAA Basketball

Interesting Saturday coming up for ACC fans. UVA plays Duke at home and NCSU plays UNC at home :beerchug:
UVA is running away in conference standings (8-0) but let me be clear . . . Go to Hell, Dook!

Roger

UNC and Duke go down at home while UVA goes to 9-0 in the ACC.
Kentucky beats WVU and Alabama bests Oklahoma.

Isn't this sport fun :)

Yeah. Fun weekend at Cameron. UVa could possibly be the best team in the NCAAs right now. But, hey, keep Villanova at No. 1 with their close win against an unranked Marquette (7th in the weakling Big East).

UVa currently dominates the ACC and may be the best team in the nation. Checked their schedule and they do have tough games coming up: at Miami, at FSU, and at Louisville. The national polls have been generous to the ACC but I don't understand why Louisville isn't in the top 25 :dunno:

Roger

seems NCSU with two top 2 wins and 4 total top 20 wins only has an 18% chance of receiving a tourney bid.

Then I hear people complain all the time how mid majors don't get enough teams in the tourney.

https://www.backingthepack.com/nc-s...ent-bubble-watch-nc-state-wolfpack-basketball

playing ND at noon today will be pivotal.

of course i pronounced them eliminated after the Miami loss and they went and beat UNC last week.

Yep, none of that stuff makes sense to me :dunno:

But NCSU should do fine today, especially since Colson and Ferrell are still out with injuries.
I had dinner last night with an old NCSU grad I've been friends with for over 50 years.
At least he waited until dessert before mentioning the State victory at Carolina :p

Roger

NCSU looks like they should take ND today - had that game on after SportsCenter from Austin. Switched to OSU-KU here shortly before halftime. Surprised to see OSU up on the Jayhawks; plenty of time left in both, though.

At least he waited until dessert before mentioning the State victory at Carolina

lol

yeah, NCSU folks like to mention any wins in any sport vs UNC at Chapel Hill.

I even have a pic in my office from when my daughter lead the nc state women soccer team over top ranked UNC at chapel hill.. :)

NCSU looks like they should take ND today - had that game on after SportsCenter from Austin. Switched to OSU-KU here shortly before halftime. Surprised to see OSU up on the Jayhawks; plenty of time left in both, though.

I've been bouncing around the channels, too. OSU looks to be kicking butt. Surprisingly, the Duke lead over St. John is slim at halftime.

I just noticed that Ferrell is playing today @eljr. It is rare for anyone to beat UNC in women's soccer. You must be very proud of your daughter :thumbsup:

Roger

UVa still looks dominant as Hunter gets better. Unlike in years past, UVa has learned to break the press with some potent inside offense.

And WVU is back in form after Huggins took the team to task for their lack of effort.

WVU is back and got a close win and got the heck out of Norman last night. Announcers act like Trae Young invented the 3 point shot.

Trae Young is good but I think we're far enough into the season that they have plenty of film on him now. Texas went after him late by working to make him guard someone cutting to the basket. Also, with some good defense on him, he gets tired. Saturday he was beginning to turn the ball over late in the game.

Good win for WVU. Of those at the top of the conference, I would most like to see WVU knock Kansas out of the championship this year.

Definitely a good win for WVU :thumbsup:
Texas Tech plays Kansas and WVU before regular season ends. Should be a great race to the finish.

BTW, where is @313guy? He should be repping Michigan State :)

There is mild local interest in upcoming UNC vs Duke game on Thursday :rolleyes:

Roger

Go Johnnies, Go!
St. John’s beats Duke then Villanova at home :bowdown:

And UVA plays great defense in second half to beat Florida State at home.

St. John’s beats Duke then Villanova at home

Hat's off to my former favorite college basketball program and not to minimize this accomplishment but these two teams, by chance, are the most over rated in the country.
IMHO of course. :)

I know St. Johns' record is crappy, but I'm OK if they make the tournament.

Florida State looked like it had UVa's number in the first half with a fast pace and some excellent 3 shooting. But UVa adjusted better than it has in past years and methodically came back from an 11 point deficit. #1.

Anyone didn't watch Ohio State at Purdue missed a good one.

Next up for the Boilermakers? Michigan State! Be interesting to see if Sparty goes small like the Buckeyes did last night after their bigs got into foul trouble early. That really put some kinks in Purdue's game plan and may be just the ticket for beating them, even on their home court.

Fun fact - OSU and Purdue had the best combined conference win record of all time (24-1) when they did battle. Seeing it go down to the final play shouldn't be all that surprising. Seeing OSU doing what they're doing this year when they'd been projected to be at the bottom of the league as the season started? Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom