HA1156W Divider and VCO wave forms

I don't know why it isn't 76kHz like yours

I'd guess that your probe loaded pin 14 to the point of reducing the free-running frequency. Might want to check into some decent 10:1 probes.

But if one just wants to measure the free-running frequency, I believe pin 10 is specifically intended for that. Pin 10 outputs the VCO frequency divided by 4.

Cheers,

chazix

I'd guess that your probe loaded pin 14 to the point of reducing the free-running frequency. Might want to check into some decent 10:1 probes.
Thanks for the tip. I went back to take a look. My probe was set at 1x, flipping it to 10x and bingo...76.000khz!
Still learning...

Hi all,
I know it's been a while since my last post on this subject but I finally got around to ordering and replacing the HA1156W in my unit. After determining that the IC was at at fault, I'm happy to report that stereo detection has been restored and the circuit is now working as expected. After looking into the sources suggested for an HA1156W, I decided just to order an NTE 801 from a trusted source. Now that the circuit operates correctly, I plan repeat the two methods i used to verify the correct operation of the chip in order to validate the technique I was using. Thanks again to all of you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom