2sa684 replacment

hi being looking for a replacement but i need it in a to-92

here is what i found ksa1281
or ZTX956STZDICT-ND

anyone could please confirm thanks so much

KSA1013 TO-92L like 2sa684 package. 1A ic max. All other specs equal or better.

hi being looking for a replacement but i need it in a to-92

here is what i found ksa1281
or ZTX956STZDICT-ND

anyone could please confirm thanks so much

Not until you tell us what model and what position the original was used in. Until then it is a crap shoot.
We have no way of knowing if current or gain or voltage is the predominant factor, no less speed or dissipation as secondary dominant factor.
For THAT we need to know where it was / is / will be...

Not until you tell us what model and what position the original was used in. Until then it is a crap shoot.
We have no way of knowing if current or gain or voltage is the predominant factor, no less speed or dissipation as secondary dominant factor.
For THAT we need to know where it was / is / will be...

Board says SX-1250

Board says AWR-106 . Appears to be power supply. -25vdc pass transistor Q8.. Only 2SA684A on the board. Not to tough even for this old Yamaha guy to figure it out.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
i got three 1250 here all need this board to complete them....i made other boards before for sansui units all worked perfect. Takes a shit load of time but when you can find them you make time :)

i always build to original spec when i can

I like it. Some of the boards I've worked were butchered.
What heatsinks are you planning?

I like it. Some of the boards I've worked were butchered.
What heatsinks are you planning?

Digi-Key Part Number HS404-ND

ya that the problem many boards are butchered

I also made the 091 board for the 1250 working perfectly ... Good thing i like doing it each board takes about two week to do. then prototype test and produce

edit - not an error, a TO-220 in the SX-1250 AWR-106 Q8 (-25v 16mA) position would be overkill to the point of introducing problems (gain and base draw from the zener reference for one). A TO-126 with enough overhead to fit a small clip on heat sink would be almost overkill but just my style...

Ah HAH, the -25v series pass element on the SX-1250 's AWR-106 power supply "stabilizer assembly".
1 mA to the protection's DC differential detector, 15mA to the preamp circuits.

I take it that the board already exists? Nice....

That on-semi's voltage is a bit low, on fault or unexpected conditions, it can see higher voltage, especially at sub 16mA currents, the
1.5k resistor won't keep the voltage under 50 - you are running a razor thin margin at the collector there...

Current 16mA, not a lot of extra draw expected. That's about 350mW assuming the -65v and a 1.5k (2w) dropping resistor. Their own calculations and reported voltages on the schematic calculate out to a 12 mA current (65 - 47)/1500 = 0.0012A, not the 16 mA shown on the main schematic...

Hmmm...
512-KSA1013YBU to-92L ecb 160v 1a .9w 100mhz 160-320hfe $0.34 (R=60-120, O=100/200, Y=160/320)
I / my posted parts lists for the SX-1250 use the TO-126 cased KSA1220
512-KSA1220AYS to-126 ecb 120/a160 1.2a 1.2w/20w 175mhz 35-320hfe $0.39 (R=60-120, O=100/200, Y=160/320)

The 1013 will fit the real estate, the 92L case will help with the dissipation, although I would LIKE to see the ksa1220 there, but if it don't fit....
oh well...

Will the boards be open sourced like AK's STK-0050 replacement, or available commercially like TxTurbo's SX-1980 AWR-154 Power Supply board?

Kudos to sregor on the quick and first KSA1013 response!!! (credit where credit is due!)

Last edited:
Yes the original schematic i created had the Ksa1220 forgot to change the package before i sent it to production :(
I could correct it and send to production again but costly so i was looking for the best alternative.

I am going to try the 1013 then test when in operation and if i have any issues i will just send out for new boards.

Thanks so much for the reply

PS i will have two extra boards available if anyone is interested

I really wouldn't expect any short term problems with the 1013, my thoughts that put the KSA1220 in there were towards the far future and the philosophy of keeping transistors cool enough to touch and happy... The 1013 will be at about 1/3 max dissipation, so when well ventilated, using it wouldn't keep me up at night...
I'd love to BORROW a board, for form/fit examination. The connectors especially have roused my curiosity BIG time!!!

This is the 091 protection board if anyone is interested they will also be available

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 36
Oh, I see - no pins.

No more unplugging the board,no pins/connector stuff, cut off the connector on the end of the chassis wiring and use screw terminals just like TxTurbo's SX-1980 AWR-154 Power Supply board.

What about a design that can utilize the old pins from the toasted board?
It maybe too late but it would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom