McIntosh based Systems

cjmustang69

Below are my current systems, which I recently have been able to complete with repair of my MC7300 amp by AudioClassics:
First is a McIntosh MC7300 amp, McIntosh MX-117 tuner/preamp, Cary DAC-200t, Denon DP-59L turntable, and Quad ESL-2905 speakers.
Second is a McIntosh MC2105 amp, McIntosh C-22 preamp, Eastern Electric DAC, JVC QL-Y66F turntable, and ESS AMT-1D speakers.
So far, I'm very pleased with the performance of both systems. My intention is to spend less time looking for different pieces of equipment and spend more time on increasing my vinyl library
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0341.jpg

I listen to a pair of upside-down wall mounted B&W LM-1 w/subwoofer shoved by these audio classics restored seperates up at my cabin in the great white north

mcInIkea.jpg

lm1.jpg

2 great looking set ups you have there:thumbsup: Time to sit back and enjoy them. Hopefully the sx1250 isn't getting upset about the new Mac's arriving and taking right over:dunno:?

Well, I lasted about a month without buying any new equipment since my last post!! I've recently purchased a Mystere PA-21 tube amp to use with my C-22 tube amp. I have system positioned so I can alternate between the Mystere tube amp and MC-2105 solid state amp. I've also added a pair of Canton CT-2000 speakers within the past few days. I like their solid cabinets and wire grills - the few reviews I had read on them were favorable. Their size is ideal for room I have systems in, so hoping I enjoy their sound.
IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg
Just updating systems - as I seem to not be able to stop making changes. I have a pair of Altec Valencias coming next weekend. I intend to drive them with the Mystere PA-21 amp/McIntosh C22 preamp. I've never owned Altec speakers before - looking forward to experiencing them.
I also picked up pair of Infinity RS-IIa speakers and McIntosh C32 preamp to use with my MC7300 amp. May try biamping them with MC2105 amp in future, but initially using one amp to get accustomed to how they perform. Then determine how much (if any) benefit biamping delivers.

I also picked up pair of Infinity RS-IIa speakers and McIntosh C32 preamp to use with my MC7300 amp. May try biamping them with MC2105 amp in future, but initially using one amp to get accustomed to how they perform. Then determine how much (if any) benefit biamping delivers.

Fantastic - my RSIIs loved my MC7300 - and I am also running a C32.

Given the variety of gear you are familiar with, I'd love to hear any feedback on how you like your C32 & MC7300 together.

I've only had this setup for less than a week - so still early. I can say I'm very happy with the C32 and MC7300 combination so far. Particularly the phono section of the C32. I was quite satisfied with the MX117 previously, but feel the C32 phono section is better and the soundstage and the detail of music is better with the C32. In the back of my mind, I do wonder what biamping will do for the Infinity speakers. I had owned a pair of RS-IIb in past and biamped them - honestly don't recall the specifics of how the sound changed. My limited experience in past with biamping is unless actively biamping - impact on sound is "marginal"

Back
Top Bottom